2016 Rio Olympics | ATHLETICS | Part II | August 12th thru August 21st | NBC/CBC | ‎

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You're an idiot if you believe that.

he's not wrong. scientifically you can't prove or disprove it.
there is this woman in india who has the same high testosterone levels as Seminya, who didn't even qualify for Rio. so. obviously there is also talent and training that also takes part.

And Melissa was really able to keep up on pace with the three, and just lost to a more explosive kick (and being boxed in). so.. there is that.

The South African anthem is really nice.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
there is this woman in india who has the same high testosterone levels as Seminya, who didn't even qualify for Rio. so. obviously there is also talent and training that also takes part.

And Melissa was really able to keep up on pace with the three, and just lost to a more explosive kick (and being boxed in). so.. there is that.

The South African anthem is really nice.

It doesn't quarantee you a win at the Olympics, but it gives you a huge advantage.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Sorry Daisy, but that's not true. Testosterone drugs are banned for a reason. Also why do you think she preformed so much worse when she was asked to take drugs that lower testosterone last year? Coincidence?

Also, Semenya at least seemed to have good form...Wambui was just flailing out there and still came in third...

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It doesn't quarantee you a win at the Olympics, but it gives you a huge advantage.

I suppose that's why the CAS/IAAF/IOC keep kicking it back to one another. Im sure they'll figure it out.

Sorry Daisy, but that's not true. Testosterone drugs are banned for a reason. Also why do you think she preformed so much worse when she was asked to take drugs that lower testosterone last year? Coincidence?

ohoo, I didn't know that her performances were worse when she had to reduce her testosterone. and that is true too..(that they do ban them).

i guess that's why it's really such a touchy subject.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hasn't it been proven that testosterone has a direct impact on athletic performance? Aren't drugs to raise testosterone banned? Wasn't Castor forced to take testosterone-reducing drugs last year, and as a result her times went way down?

Also, no one has said anything despicable in this thread, so your outrage is misplaced here.

Are we talking about the winner who has 3x testo numbers than the other competitors, her results bolted back up when they changed the rules 2015.
It's a lose lose situation, the treatment hasn't been fair for her but it isn't fair for others as well.

Science has proven that testosterone gives athletes an advantage. What it hasn't proven is how much of one it gives to those who are female by gender with male sex traits. The CAS suspended the IIAF's testosterone policy because there is no science to prove that women or hypo-androgenic athletes with naturally occurring testosterone over the limit have an advantage over their competitors. If the IIAF wants to re institute their policy, the onus is on them to prove it with actual scientific data that proves an inherent advantage exists. Not some armchair experts on the internet.

I'm not going to have this debate here, not worth the time or effort.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Well, 4th. poop.
bad start by Muir (compared to the heat), and the third leg got run down. Sage really tried though. ah well. I think Canada's olympics are done.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I suppose that's why the CAS/IAAF/IOC keep kicking it back to one another. Im sure they'll figure it out.

ohoo, I didn't know that her performances were worse when she had to reduce her testosterone. and that is true too..(that they do ban them).

i guess that's why it's really such a touchy subject.

No one takes testo just for fun, they use it for a reason.
2015 they changed the rule that women with natural higher test levels don't need special permission, and after that she was back on top.

It's a nightmare situation for everyone, how do you make it fair for every partie?

Science has proven that testosterone gives athletes an advantage. What it hasn't proven is how much of one it gives to those who are female by gender with male sex traits. The CAS suspended the IIAF's testosterone policy because there is no science to prove that women or hypo-androgenic athletes with naturally occurring testosterone over the limit have an advantage over their competitors. If the IIAF wants to re institute their policy, the onus is on them to prove it with actual scientific data that proves an inherent advantage exists. Not some armchair experts on the internet.

Testo is testo at the end of the day, you recover better the more testo you have in your body, you develop better the more testo you have, your body reacts better.
But atleast it's natural testo.

You can see it on her times what it does, you can just look at her and see she's more muscular than the rest.

Last edited:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

How do you explain her drop in times when her testosterone was lowered?

Just saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad