Prospect Info: 2016 Ranking #7

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know nothing about USHL :laugh:

I compared Beaudin to his peers in a league I watch a lot of. Based on seeing that he projects as a high prospect for me. If Morrisson is the same way or better that's absolutely fantastic for us. I just don't know enough about him or his league to say that.

I was just joshing you. :nod:

The USHL has really become an underrated league... it is hard to really describe how difficult it is for kids to put up big numbers.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We're getting into the muddy waters for me, a lot of close calls here. Went with Martin this time, although Beaudin is a close second. I think Martin is going to have a monster year in SA with a stronger team in front of him, especially now that he'll be getting more attention from Allaire as the clear #3 goalie in our system. It's going to be really close for me coming up as I consider Morrison, Boikov and Nantel to be all about equal.

I'm probably going Nantel after this trio.

Martin is a great talent in our system but he's not going to be the #3, that's why they signed Smith and we are debating if they prefer Martin to back up in the AHL, with possibility to be 1A/1B or to get a ton of starts in the ECHL.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm probably going Nantel after this trio.

Martin is a great talent in our system but he's not going to be the #3, that's why they signed Smith and we are debating if they prefer Martin to back up in the AHL, with possibility to be 1A/1B or to get a ton of starts in the ECHL.

They signed who? I must have missed something...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Jeremy Smith, a pretty high level AHL goalie.

Interesting, they must not think Martin is ready for the starter job in the AHL. If he's not going to be the #3, can you change my vote to Beaudin? That kind of tempers my expectations for Martin enough that Beaudin passes him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Interesting, they must not think Martin is ready for the starter job in the AHL. If he's not going to be the #3, can you change my vote to Beaudin? That kind of tempers my expectations for Martin enough that Beaudin passes him.

Sure, I can only change the numbers, not where your name appears btw. And I wasn't trying to talk you out of voting for Martin.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Martin for me. I tend to put goalies a bit higher on these lists than most, but this is the earliest I can justify putting Martin this year. That and I feel he will be a regular backup in a couple years, so I value that equivalent to a middle 6 center...which is where I project Morrison and Beaudin for now.

Add Geertsen.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

What does it matter if he is #3 or not? He is still the same prospect with the same strengths and weakness as before the Smith signing. And it's not like we were going to roll with just 3 goalies under contract.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What does it matter if he is #3 or not? He is still the same prospect with the same strengths and weakness as before the Smith signing. And it's not like we were going to roll with just 3 goalies under contract.

It means he won't have the kind of season I was expecting. He looked outstanding at development camp, but for some reason I thought he was older and closer to that AHL heavy-minutes role.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Martin will get the #3 role (at least in AHL time, not NHL) if he is fully ready for it. The Avs brought in Smith as insurance and as a mentor. If Martin isn't ready for the starting AHL job, Smith is a good AHL goalie and will help Martin along. If Martin is ready, Smith is enough of a vet that he will accept a 30-35 game role. What role Martin gets this season is up to Martin and his performance. Nothing is really in his way for the AHL (again he won't be in the NHL, Smith will be the call-up if needed), but there is a good amount of insurance for the Rampage if things with Martin go south.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Doc Martin for me. Just think he has a great mental makeup, so important as a tender. Those things pay off in a couple of years.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I totally get that goalers are tricky, but if we consider progression and potential, Martin is absolutely the best player here. And no I don't think it is close to the next one.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah that was me that voted for Mironov. Hopefully were able to see him come over next year.

Add geersten

I am pretty sure he signed a two year deal and I am very sure he attends to finish it. Soonest we see him is in fall of 2018, which I don't think is bad for his development to play another two more years against talented men.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I totally get that goalers are tricky, but if we consider progression and potential, Martin is absolutely the best player here. And no I don't think it is close to the next one.

Yep. He should have went ahead of Greer. He has as high or higher of a ceiling as these others, and he keeps proving himself, even at the pro level now. Something these others have not done.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I am pretty sure he signed a two year deal and I am very sure he attends to finish it. Soonest we see him is in fall of 2018, which I don't think is bad for his development to play another two more years against talented men.
oh snap! I missed that somewhere. I thought he had two years left the year he was drafted. Of that is indeed the case, Id really wish to reconsider my vote. 4 years after he was drafted. Makes me really question if he intends to come over.

It should be Martin, I'm gonna go JC Beaudin though

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
oh snap! I missed that somewhere. I thought he had two years left the year he was drafted. Of that is indeed the case, Id really wish to reconsider my vote. 4 years after he was drafted. Makes me really question if he intends to come over.

It should be Martin, I'm gonna go JC Beaudin though

Final answer? Mcmetal too. I haven't changed anything yet. Y'all shouldn't feel like you got talked into changing your vote. But if you truly want it changed let me know for sure.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
We're finally seeing some division among the fanbase. All 3 are good options here.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We're finally seeing some division among the fanbase. All 3 are good options here.

This one was an easy choice for me, but the next one between Martin, Morrison, Nantel, and Boikov (for me) is going to be a extremely difficult choice. I really don't have a damn clue how I'm going to pick between them.

I kind of give defense a bit of an extra weight personally, because of their importance to our franchise (and in general), so ones that look to have an NHL future get me excited. But that's more why Boikov is in the conversation than why I'd pick him next.

On Mironov, he's barely a prospect for me personally. Yeah he has not been in the NHL, but hes been pro for a bit now, and we may never see him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad