Prospect Info: 2016 Ranking #4

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was actually saying Meloche's floor is lower than Compher's, but both are fairly safe.

Ahh I misread it my bad

Pretty much this lol.

I haven't seen much of Meloche myself but I question how much of his hype on these boards from some posters comes with a heavy Bias. I think he's a bit overrated as a prospect.

And on the flip side, it seems for some reason a lot of people really question the upside of Compher despite him having proven so much more then Meloche against harder competition.

I think its Compher really easily here. With his energy and drive that he plays the game with I cant see him being anything less then a high quality 3rd liner. And all it takes is a little bit of offensive development from him and he's a Brendan Gallagher type of Top 6 forward which I think is way higher then anything Meloche ever becomes. When you watch the way Compher plays you can just tell he's one of those kids that plays at 100% every night and he has the grit and determination to become a solid 3rd liner. But then you also catch him making plays regularly that make you notice him as a gifted offensive player as well. He thinks the game extremely well and reminds me a lot of ROR, only much more physically engaged at this stage in development. Brendan Gallgher is exactly the type of player I envision Compher becoming.

I dont even have Meloche in my Top 5. He's a nice prospect and would probably crack the Top 5 of a lot of other teams prospect pools, but he still has a lot of developing to do before he's even close to being an NHL dman, and because of that at this stage I would quite easily take Compher and Greer over him. Possibly even Spencer Martin.

I get that argument, and who knows maybe I am just a little crazy over anything defense related that we have. At least Bigras won over Jost ;)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Meloche is a similar caliber of defensemen prospect as Bigras was entering the 14-15 season. If you liked Bigras then, you'll like a lot about Meloche now. The differences basically are Meloche is bigger and meaner and has a much better shot, Bigras is a better skater.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Interesting reading the thread and then looking at the poll. You'd think Meloche would be ahead.

You guys voting Compher don't feel like arguing your point lol?

As others have said, Meloche may be further out, but I think his top end is much higher, and low end much safer like Hench said.

I kind of figured Meloche would go a little lower in these polls, as I don't think he has the hype around him Compher does.

I prefer players that have decent potential while being closer to NHL-ready than a rawer player like Meloche. There's so much uncertainty, especially when it comes with defensemen. That being said, I still think Meloche has a very good chance of being a NHL defender, but I also thought that of plenty of others as well (Siemens, Elliot, Gaunce).

I have no issue saying that Meloche will most likely be a better prospect come next year, but for now I'm voting JTC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad