Confirmed with Link: 2016 pre-season schedule

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If it were on a weekend, I might be silly enough to go to that game in Montreal if only to cross that arena off the list. Although split squad + the top players being at the World Cup would make that an even more watered down game than usual.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I like that they are doing the split squad thing for the extra game.
Gives some of the prospects more ice time and the staff a better look at them in game situations.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Can someone explain the split squad....
Ive seen other teams do it, never the Devils, and I usually don't watch other teams preseason games so I don't really understand exactly what occurs.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Can someone explain the split squad....
Ive seen other teams do it, never the Devils, and I usually don't watch other teams preseason games so I don't really understand exactly what occurs.

Quite a few teams having been scheduling split squad preseason games.

With so many players in camp, the Devils will simply break them into (2) teams for that night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't remember us doing a split squad game in the preseason in years now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah MLB teams do it all the time early in Spring Training, honestly I'm surprised every team doesn't do it in the NHL. If you have 50 guys in camp no reason not to do it early in the preseason.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't know why teams don't do more split squad games. Do NHL players really need more than 3 games to get back into the swing of things?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory Vs Lou for the preseason finale? Or do we go Juan Pablo Montoya instead?

Oh yeah, that's right. Montoya is a UFA and I bet he's not back. Maybe we can sign him if we can beat out some lucrative racing deals that will no doubt be coming his way?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad