2016 Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Didn't see a thread here. Maybe a mod could sticky this, I'd rather talk playoff hockey with my Oiler brothers than on the mains.

Sick goal by Kucherov just a few mins ago in the Lightning/Wings game.

I would agree. On both the mains and on the goal. What a snipe. I'm still a little disappointed that the Red wings made it yet again.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I would agree. On both the mains and on the goal. What a snipe. I'm still a little disappointed that the Red wings made it yet again.

Sick snipe for sure. Looks like we have an "Around the League" thread for playoff discussion. I must be losing my eye sight :laugh:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The atmosphere at the Lightning game is nothing like it was in Winnipeg or Calgary last year.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Ugggh....does this mean we have to pack everything up and head over there?

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm a little out on current events lately as far as injuries go. Is Malkin playing for the Pens now or is he out?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I don't know if it's just my own perception or not but this Red Wings/Lighting game has a regular season feel to it.

I know it's early but I just feel like the East plays such a different style than the west. Fairly subdued crowd for an opening round game.

I have a feeling the Pacific and western match ups will be far more intense.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The first round has some surprisingly good matchups. The first round is so much better with the salary cap in place.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I do think the West series will have a bit more "bite" to them. Maybe its partly the crowds and this one is in Tampa, not Detroit.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
48 points in 45 games, not 43 Grapes. Ahh old Don is in his 80s I'll give him a pass. Cherry seems pretty high on Larkin too.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't know if it's just my own perception or not but this Red Wings/Lighting game has a regular season feel to it.

I know it's early but I just feel like the East plays such a different style than the west. Fairly subdued crowd for an opening round game.

I have a feeling the Pacific and western match ups will be far more intense.

Weakest series in the playoffs. Detroit was -13 goal differential going in and were long shots for playoffs for quite awhile. Only a complete and utter Bruins implosion allowed them in.

Tampa, significant injuries. But a team with 97pts and who stole 4 from the Oilers. So that's essentially the margin between the two clubs.

I don't know this one is worth watching tbh

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Weakest series in the playoffs. Detroit was -13 goal differential going in and were long shots for playoffs for quite awhile. Only a complete and utter Bruins implosion allowed them in.

Tampa, significant injuries.

I don't know this one is worth watching tbh

Crosby plays in about 10 mins, I'm flipping over to the Pens/Rangers

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
There seems to be as many "visitor" fans at all these games in Florida than home fans. Either that or they just all cheer for whoever scores down there. :sarcasm:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
NHL refs ****ing suck. This is the worst year of officiating I've ever seen. They are worse than the NFL refs and that's a huge ****ing statement.

In the Rangers/Pens game they just called a penalty on a solid check. What a joke. This is playoff hockey.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Is there a worse contract out there than Rick Nash? At his cap number he MUST produce offense no matter what his role is or linemates.

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
Drouin looked awesome out there. Like really really good. Hitting everything in sight, getting under the Wings' skin. Would take him here for cheap in a heartbeat.

And good to see the Wings still being the refs' darlings and getting all the calls. Pathetic officiating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad