2016 OHL Trade Deadline Preview

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I love reading these, Brock!

As far as my opinion, I think you have the return on Nichols too high (2 2nds) and the return on Garcia too low (Nattinen, Henderson + 3rd).

That said, I see Guelph management doubling down on their errors of last season (not dealing players at their peak values and the ones they knew weren't returning) and holding onto Garcia.

That said, I don't totally blame them...this team is in shambles and he is one of the only players who seems to be able to set an example both on and off the ice. He's really grown on me, and while I think the value he'd return in trade would help this team going forward, I don't have too much of a problem holding on to him...especially if the return is as little as you think it may be.

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
Great article Brock. I have shared it and posted my take on your 67s prediction up on the "OHL Trades 2015-16 Season Thread" sticky thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1938135

With the trades already coming fast and furious, I figured it would be an ideal time to release it (been working on it for a week).

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2015/12/ohl-trade-deadline-preview.html

I take a look at all the players who could move, their possible destinations, and I make predictions on trades for said players.

Last edited:

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I am not sure I understand how you think OS moves Schemitsch for a young D man and picks. Our struggles are with offense this year and next. We have a decent young D core. The return though is about what I expect a young prospect with upside, 2nd and 3rd.

I'd like to see him go to London for Cliff Pu, a 2nd or 3rd, and a later round pick.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Just wondering what does everyone think will be the first date that a big name gets traded during WJC... it's known for a few years and was just wondering which OHL if any would be that big name that gets traded before this years deadline

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
IceDogs picking up Marchment at the deadline would be the definition of disappointment. Not sure he would be any sort of upgrade on Perlini or DiFruscia and I still expect Knott to get it going in the second half. Niagara desperately needs a 1C to replace Verhaeghe. Perlini hasn't been the same without Verhaeghe to set him up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad