2016 NPPG Playoff Thread - WEEZE WINS!

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
The top 32 players will be invited to play. If anyone declines or does not respond within 24 hours of the season ending, I will bump the responding players up the standings and invite players that finished out of the top 32 to join. They will be joining on a first come, first serve basis. You must have registered at least 1 point in the regular season to be eligible.

Once the season ends, I will seed a bracket into 8 pods of 4 teams (bracket will be posted soon so everyone can see the layout). The top two teams from each pod advance to the next round. There will be pods of 4 teams every round. I did this so we had 32 participants. I may change this for next year to the top 16 only.

The lineups will be as followed. Be aware you are only allowed to pick one lineup per round, and the lineups will reset once the round is over.

Forward - Forward - Forward
Defense - Defense
Goalie

There are no restrictions on who you can choose, however you can only select the player once in the playoffs. The only exception is goaltender which you can duplicate only in the finals if you have already chosen both goaltenders that are the starters on their team. The points remain the same from the regular season.

Lineups can be PM'ed to me or posted in the thread that is created. I will not share your picks with anyone and I will post mine in the thread. All rosters will be posted when they are locked so there is no changes after the puck drops on game 1 of the round. If you fail to post a roster, you will be given 0 points for the round.

There will be bonus points available. If you pick the winner of the series correct, you receive 2 points. If you predict the correct amount of games the series ends in, you get 2 points. If you get both correct, it becomes a total of 5 points.

If there is a tie, the higher seed wins the tiebreaker. That way you have an advantage and the regular season has meaning.

bAW2NlV.png

tEgLECD.png

UcdpT7T.png

tkviKFL.png

0xA6DfI.png

Ahy3t6A.png

rnzqj5U.png

REE8evX.png

LNDlq81.png

DU9QV4c.png

Last edited:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Please post in this thread if you plan to play. Once you have confirmed, feel free to post or PM rosters and predictions. You can change your lineups or predictions until the puck drops in game 1 of the NHL playoffs.

I will try to have the bracket set on Sunday.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Still trying to figure out how it works, I'm slow and haven't had time to study it in depth.

Using non-playoff teams/players as an example, is this what we're supposed to send you for the 1st round?

D. Sedin - Giroux - Duchene
E. Karlsson - S. Jones
M. Smith

OTT - EDM: OTT in 5
ARI - VAN: VAN in 6
PHI - CBJ: CBJ in 7
etc.

And then we do it again for the 2nd round, and have to choose different players?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I don't know if I'm top32 despite my outstanding activity during regular season, but if so, I'm in!

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Still trying to figure out how it works, I'm slow and haven't had time to study it in depth.

Using non-playoff teams/players as an example, is this what we're supposed to send you for the 1st round?

D. Sedin - Giroux - Duchene
E. Karlsson - S. Jones
M. Smith

OTT - EDM: OTT in 5
ARI - VAN: VAN in 6
PHI - CBJ: CBJ in 7
etc.

And then we do it again for the 2nd round, and have to choose different players?

Yep, you got it!

I don't know if I'm top32 despite my outstanding activity during regular season, but if so, I'm in!

you are 25th right now!

I'm in obviously! But your 3 and 4 sections should be flopped so 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3 before 1-2 make it to the finals.

You are right, that's my mistake.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'll play but since the match ups aren't set we can't give you all our picks for the series winners. Heck the east isn't even set on the final 8 yet

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'll play but since the match ups aren't set we can't give you all our picks for the series winners. Heck the east isn't even set on the final 8 yet

Right, I don't expect anyone to post their lineups or anything yet, just want to see who's going to participate.

wpgpreds

May 10, 2011
I'm in

So we're picking players from any playoff series, or just the NSH one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad