2016 NLCS: Chicago Cubs (1) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (3) - Series Discussion

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
So much for the Dodgers.

I guess the pressure was too much. Poor Kershaw, guess he isn't that good in the post season getting paddled the way he did by the much,much superior Cubs.

You can cry, you can blink, I'll bet slot of people will be doing that tonight.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So much for the Dodgers.

I guess the pressure was too much. Poor Kershaw, guess he isn't that good in the post season getting paddled the way he did by the much,much superior Cubs.

Why are people blinking?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So much for the Dodgers.

Blow it out of your hide already.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
So much for the Dodgers.

Why don't you crawl back into your cave, troll. It's really unfortunate that you're allowed to poison this board with your pathetic statements.

Also I hate to break it to you but everybody blinks. Even the players on the team you pretend to cheer for.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Other than Adrian Gonzalez, the rest of the Dodger regulars were no-shows offensively at Wrigley. (Even Ethier's pinch-hit wind-blown HR was pinch-hit).

Seager and Turner, who carried them offensively against the Nats, didn't really do much outside of a few swings in games 3-4.

Utley/Puig/Grandal.... yeesh.

Other than his HR off Scherzer, Joc Pederson didn't do a lot these playoffs.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Looks like they modified it:

mets-owners.jpg

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
pretty crazy thinking about all the fans in their 80s and 90s who have never before seen a cubs WS during their lives and now they're this close for the first time in over 70 years

should be a great series

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
pretty crazy thinking about all the fans in their 80s and 90s who have never before seen a cubs WS during their lives and now they're this close for the first time in over 70 years

should be a great series

My old man's 69 years old. He's as happy as I've ever heard him in my life.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Why the hell did FS1 not go on location to Dodger Stadium when their studios are in LA but they traveled to Wrigley for all the games?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Great series. Pretty upset after Hill blanked the Cubs. I can breath now. Didnt like our chances against Kershaw. Was expecting a 7th game. Dodgers gave it a go. The better team won... at home... on Saturday. 4 more to go.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
In 5 playoff games at Wrigley Field this year, Cubs starters have allowed only 4 runs.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Hendricks got his nevers out of the way in his loss to Kershaw. Boys got a chance to see Kershaws best and were primed for the rematch. Kershaw didnt have it tonight. Cubs jumped on him early.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
And people laughed when the Cubs built that World Series celebration room

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Myth was the wrong word. Mystique. The Kershaw mystique. The complete slobbering the media has done over Kershaw and his "legacy". He has to beat the Cubs, and if he does, he has to make an appearance on Sunday if Hill is the suckage.

Considering I have tickets tomorrow, I am under the assumption the Cubs will win. I see a broken team in the Dodgers whom let the Cubs run the score up two games in a row. Listening to the Cubs interviews, they are looking forward to Kershaw.

Pressure? Not on this Cubs team. Maybe I should wear a Cubs hat and headphones while seeing if i can bring a goat into Wrigley tomorrow...

#dodgersneedallthehelptheycanget
#itstheterrorofknowingwhatthisworldisabout
Called it.

Big round of Apple cause for the great Clayton Kershaw.

As I said before, he isn't a good post season pitcher. As for his "legacy", he can have Playoff Choker emblazoned on his Cooperstown bust.

I truly hate to say I was right yet again, but......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad