2016 NLCS: Chicago Cubs (1) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (3) - Series Discussion

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Called it.

Big round of Apple cause for the great Clayton Kershaw.

As I said before, he isn't a good post season pitcher. As for his "legacy", he can have Playoff Choker emblazoned on his Cooperstown bust.

I truly hate to say I was right yet again, but......
You are right again. Great call. Loved the meltdown.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You are right again. Great call. Loved the meltdown.

Agreed.

Fans think just because players are good in the regular season they have some sort of entitlement in the playoffs. They don't.

Kershaw is nothing more then the left handed pitching version of Mike Trout. And now they are supposed to be Kris Bryant? They're not Kris Bryant, far from it.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
pretty crazy thinking about all the fans in their 80s and 90s who have never before seen a cubs WS during their lives and now they're this close for the first time in over 70 years

should be a great series

Your math sucks

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
A factor that really ended up manifesting itself in the last 3 games: defense and the ability to capitalize on mistakes.

The Cubs much talked about defense came through with big plays- and even when Baez made an error early in game 6, the Dodgers could not make them pay and plant an early seed of doubt. In baseball, you can't let a team off the hook when they make an error like that.

Meanwhile, LA made plenty of errors and Chicago capitalized- a bad throw on a sac fly by Baez plated TWO runs, the 8th inning of game 5 saw a couple of lousy plays on short dribblers that led to that big offensive explosion, Toles' 1st inning error set the stage for 2-0 tonight.

It was an ironic role reversal- in 2008, when these teams met in the NLDS, there was a game where every Cubs infielder made an error and LA capitalized.

This time, it was the Dodgers making the errors and Chicago capitalizing.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Agreed.

Fans think just because players are good in the regular season they have some sort of entitlement in the playoffs. They don't.

Kershaw is nothing more then the left handed pitching version of Mike Trout. And now they are supposed to be Kris Bryant? They're not Kris Bryant, far from it.
People here really need to start taking you more seriously.

I'm sure Kershaw will enjoy watching the Series together with WARld champ Mike Trout! :naughty:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Your math sucks

you'd have to be 116 years old to have even been alive the last time the cubs won the WS

a cubs fan in their 80s or 90s has never before experienced the cubs winning the WS, only a handful of WS losses with the last coming 71 years ago

did i make it a little easier for you?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
650x366

Blah blah blah. Say whatever you want about me,
I can't see or hear you. I'm just talking to the clubhouse chair.

I'm still the regular season champion,
winner of four straight NL West titles.
One day I will throw a cutter as good as
Madison Bumgarner, but until then see you next year.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Dodgers have a 200+ million dollar payroll.

They were held to two singles by a guy barely making half a millon dollars.

Money may or may not buy you love, but you think it would have bought them an extra base hit or multiple baserunners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad