2016 NHL Entry Draft Thread Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
I can understand Gauthier but not Nylander.

I can see it. I've watched Missy a number of times this season and while Nylander is a terrific talent on the puck, MacLeod is quite likely the better overall prospect. He is just non-stop in all three zones.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
yea.. Sergachev wont be available at #11, he has 40 pts in 49 games as of today

effortless

I wouldn't be too sure, every draft has players slip a bit. Grant has him at 9. I would prefer all of those listed aside from Jost/McLeod/Dubois, and I don't think that is a slight on him.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
No love 4 Tkachuk??...:(

Honestly, if it's me picking, I take Tkachuk before either of the D. Our need is so high for an elite forward. We can't pass it up. And while I know the value of high-end D, I'm just not sure either of those guys is a lock to be a star.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I know some of you want to draft a def player outside of the top 3. But, we really need to draft a top 6 forward. Im getting tire to see DPS , weise, DD or any bottom 6 player playing in our top 2 line.

Don't forget that Price is already 28 years old. He is not geting younger. Price is going to make our defense look like top 3. We need a forward that could help us in 2 years.

I will go all in on Dubois or tkachuk, if we dont draft top 3.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I wouldn't be too sure, every draft has players slip a bit. Grant has him at 9. I would prefer all of those listed aside from Jost/McLeod/Dubois, and I don't think that is a slight on him.

theres no reason for him to slip, theres plenty of reasons why he should rise tho.

he'll be a steal past #6

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'll gladly take whoever's considered the BPA at our spot. Fact is, we have plenty of needs that makes the whole position bias argument a moot point, in my opinion.

As long as we're not taking a goalie or a RD, which shouldn't be too much of an issue looking at the current top 10ish ranked picks.

On another note, to me the fact you see players all over the place after the top 3, which seems more or less undisputed at this point, bodes very well for us. As long as we're within the top 10, I think we're set.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I can see it. I've watched Missy a number of times this season and while Nylander is a terrific talent on the puck, MacLeod is quite likely the better overall prospect. He is just non-stop in all three zones.

Nylander can learn to be adequate in his own zone.. It's a lot less likely that McLeod suddenly develops high-end puck skills, shot, offensive IQ and vision.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Something worth noting is that because Montreal and Minnesota have both been so bad lately, our 2nd round picks are going to give us a chance at some pretty good players. We currently pick 7th, 37th, and 46th

This is awesome, and...Bergevin better move his *** to add to that (ex: another 1st rnd pick and at least one more 2nd rnd pick and maybe even a couple of 5th rnd picks since we do so well with 5th rnd picks!).

1. Mathews
2. Laine
3. Puljujarvi
4. Dubois or Tkachuk
5. Tkachuk or Dubois
6. Chychrun

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Kitchener on TV and Mascherin with a goal. Doesn't get talked about enough IMO. Short but built like a tank.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Kitchener on TV and Mascherin with a goal. Doesn't get talked about enough IMO. Short but built like a tank.
Do you ever learn? Unless this guy is to REPLACE gallagher we dont need him. There is room for only one player below 6' on this team. We are too small and have been so forever. It's the above thinking that always screws us.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Do you ever learn? Unless this guy is to REPLACE gallagher we dont need him. There is room for only one player below 6' on this team. We are too small and have been so forever. It's the above thinking that always screws us.

That's just silly talk, and Mascherin is 205 friggin' pounds at 17 years old.

He'd be 2 inches taller and his "height" would suddenly become a non issue? Talk about an inferiority complex.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
I would go with this order of preference:
1. Mathews
2. Laine
3. Pujujarvi
4. Chychrun/Mcloed
5. Dubois/Tkachuck
6. Sergachev/Nylander
7. Brown/Gauthier/Joelvi

Overall unless we get unlucky with the lottery we should get a guy that is pretty decent. Of course if it would be a top 3 pick we would IMO get someone that can fit right in the lineup.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Watching the Hat play the Pats, first time I've seen Sam Steel but he's been very impressive.

Would make up for a good pick as a high 2nd rounder IMO.

Outside the fact that your comment is at best ridiculous. Mascherin probably goes in the 3rd round at this point in time. You don't go for needs in the third round (even if I bought that stupid premise), you go for the best player available period. I wouldn't hesitate to pick him in the 3rd round if available.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Would make up for a good pick as a high 2nd rounder IMO.

Yeah there's a lot to like about him from my few viewings. I don't know where his offensive potential rates at the next level but he's got some skill, one of the bright spots on one of the worst offense in the dub. Solid second round pick.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Yeah we could still play Eller, Weise, DSP or others at wing in the top 6.

Yeah, or we can play Markov on the top pair until he's 40. And let DD hold down the #1 Center spot until Price retires. LW/RW is the only position in our prospect pool that isn't awful, Hudon, Scherbak, Andrighetto, etc.

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Mascherin would not last til the 3rd round, no chance. That would be criminal.

I agree but I wouldn't be surprised. Not being invited to the top prospect's game is an indication for me that scouts don't think that highly of him. I'd have to go through the list of guys not invited to that game but if I had to guess I'd say these guys tend to go later in the draft. Also ranked 57th among NA skaters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad