2016 NHL Entry Draft (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Burke said some teams he have spoken to have Chychrun at 4, and some have "the Finnish defenseman" at 4. I guess thats Juolevi.

Why would any team tell Burke what their draft order is? My guess is Burke is trying to throw other teams off

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
This will get buried in the GDT, so:

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 5m5 minutes ago
“It’s a very important day in the franchise history. It hasn’t set in yet.” - Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 4m4 minutes ago
“I have to admit, it was very nerve-racking.” - Cheveldayoff. #Jets

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 3m3 minutes ago
“From what I’ve seen, these are players that can make an impact.” - Cheveldayoff on the top-three.

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 1m1 minute ago
Cheveldayoff is going to head over to the World Championships to watch Laine.

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 44s45 seconds ago
Cheveldayoff says even if they were drafting at No. 6, they were high on the draft.

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 50s50 seconds ago
“Laine and Puljujarvi were phenomenal at the World Juniors.” - Cheveldayoff. #Jets

Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 12s12 seconds ago
Cheveldayoff won’t hint at Puljujarvi vs. Laine.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder if the Jets might consider Puljujarvi over Laine. I like both of them a lot. Still some scouting discussions, I suppose. Would Columbus want to add something good to move up 1 spot for Laine?

So much more exciting talking about what to do with the #2 pick.

Can Laine play RW?

If so... once everyone is settled in.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Stafford
Petan-Copp-Armia

I think that Ehlers is a great playmaker, and will really complement Laine. Similarly, Wheeler would be a good playmaker for a sniper like Connor.

However you slice it, the Jets have ridiculous depth up front, and can now concentrate on filling out the LHD. Nice that they also have #22 and #36 for that.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It is not certain that Leafs draft Matthews, they might go for Laine, esp after the playoff run he had in the Liiga. Either way we get one hell of a prospect.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Franchise changing....finally we can get franchise level talent....a super star.

Don't screw it up Chevy, most important draft you likely will ever do in your career.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
It is not certain that Leafs draft Matthews, they might go for Laine, esp after the playoff run he had in the Liiga. Either way we get one hell of a prospect.

I don't think there's much of a chance the Leafs pass on Matthews.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Congrats Jets fans on getting Laine, whom I consider to be the best prospect in the draft. Wish it was the Nucks, but oh well. Grats!

Rhinorage

Sep 11, 2008
Grats on getting 2nd guys whoever you pick will be great.

Last edited:

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Is this reasonable?

1 - Toronto - Matthews
2 - Winnipeg - Laine
3 - Columbus - Puljujarvi
4 - Edmonton - Chychrun

ChVUjTKWUAEoE_U.jpg

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
Congrats! If and when you will pick Laine, you're in for a treat. He's going to be a phenomenal player. Barkov was great in his draft year in FEL, and definitely more mature and more consistent. But I'm still even more impressed by Laine, he really thrives under pressure and his shot, it just leaves you speechless. He has taken HUGE steps during the season and during the spring he really dominated while playing against grown men, playing against some of the best non-KHL European teams.

And say welcome to dozens of new Finnish Jets fans here on the boards! There's already some history with a Finnish sniper in the Jets, so there would be a lot of Finns expecting to re-experience that. :)

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Congrats! If and when you will pick Laine, you're in for a treat. He's going to be a phenomenal player. Barkov was great in his draft year in FEL, and definitely more mature and more consistent. But I'm still even more impressed by Laine, he really thrives under pressure and his shot, it just leaves you speechless. He has taken HUGE steps during the season and during the spring he really dominated while playing against grown men, playing against some of the best noin-KHL European teams.

And say welcome to dozens of new Finnish Jets fans here on the boards! There's already some history with a Finnish sniper in the Jets, so there would be a lot of Finns expecting to re-experience that. :)

All fans are welcome to hop on board the Jets plane the more the merrier

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Congrats! If and when you will pick Laine, you're in for a treat. He's going to be a phenomenal player. Barkov was great in his draft year in FEL, and definitely more mature and more consistent. But I'm still even more impressed by Laine, he really thrives under pressure and his shot, it just leaves you speechless. He has taken HUGE steps during the season and during the spring he really dominated while playing against grown men, playing against some of the best noin-KHL European teams.

Like I said in the other thread, some of us have been fans of Finnish hockey since Velli Pekka Ketola

Welcome aboard.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. From what I have seen and heard it sounds like Laine brings a skill set that will fit in quite well with the other young pieces we have.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Now all they've gotta do to top it off is move up with that Chicago pick and land one of Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev, Fabbro, or Bean as well. They can afford to package a young forward prospect or two.

Last edited:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Now all they've gotta do to top it off is move up with that Chicago pick and land one of Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev, Fabbro, or Bean as well. Can afford to package a young forward prospect now that we've got the building blocks up front.

I prefer to keep Morrissey.

powder88

Nov 21, 2013
Now all they've gotta do to top it off is move up with that Chicago pick and land one of Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev, Fabbro, or Bean as well. Can afford to package a young forward prospect now that they've got 4 young building blocks up front.

This. According to one draft value chart I saw, 22 and 36 are worth 11. Do you do that if you you think a top-8 talent has fallen? Do Ottawa or NJ need more depth?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This. According to one draft value chart I saw, 22 and 36 are worth 11. Do you do that if you you think a top-8 talent has fallen? Do Ottawa or NJ need more depth?

If one of the big 3 LD or Jost are still on board I do that trade.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I prefer to keep Morrissey.

Not my ideal choice, but what about Petan + 22nd? Where might that land us? I feel like he could end up being one of the odd ones out or not given a fair shake given our forward depth and where he might fit in on the roster (bottom 6). I feel like he's our best 'potentially' expendable asset seeing as how he's best served playing a top 6 role, maybe a 3rd line at worst and how he may not find that room in the Jets system.

It would suck to lose a kid with that much talent, but if he's going to rot in the AHL and/or be a depth player/call up it doesn't make a lot of sense to hang onto him.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I called it. Had a great feeling about it.

Now we don't have to discuss who to take at 6 or 7 :) :)

:banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad