GDT: 2016 NHL Entry Draft III - Second round starts @ 10am ET on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
We will look back at this in a few years and either say Hunter is a genius ... or we have made a Tyler Biggs mistake

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Columbus just went with Peeke, who's ranked around where Korshkov is.

Looks like this round is going to be a bit of a crapshoot.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hahah! I love it. We were all soooooo wrong.
Nah, I pretty well expected them to go with someone you wouldn't expect. The Leafs have their list and are following it. I can kind of get why they'd go for this guy. Good size, good skating, plays a strong possession game. Leafs have a lot of confidence it seems in their scouts out in Russia.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oh yay. we're going to kvetch over every pick because it wasn't whom we "wanted?" I remember how this went last year :laugh:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Man I hate the pick, but with Benson and Asplund right after him, this pick will define the trust we have with Hunter.

I have no problem with the pick, it's where that is the problem. We could have easily traded down 10 or so spots and took him. If he was taken before then, I doubt it would have been the biggest of deals, but I guess we see how much they trust the old regime Russian scout and the new regime director.

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Love that people complain about the pick because they know more that the scouts that actually are paid to watch these guys play ;)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Button is saying

real good PK
real good against the boards
some offensive capabilities.
he's a "right now" player - not a "future player"
if you like the player, take him.
he can challenge for a spot on the team RIGHT NOW.
he played a lot in the KHL (as well as the Jr Tournaments).

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I have no problem with the pick, it's where that is the problem. We could have easily traded down 10 or so spots and took him. If he was taken before then, I doubt it would have been the biggest of deals, but I guess we see how much they trust the old regime Russian scout and the new regime director.

he was the next best player on our list, why would you take someone further down?

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I like Button's description of him. I kinda wanted a player like this at #31. Ive made peace with this move (took me 3 minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad