GDT: 2016 Nhl Draft June 24-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Friedman is saying:

-Edmonton, Calgary and Buffalo are asking about the 3rd overall pick. The Jackets like Brown and another guy I missed.
-Edmonton likes Dumba, maybe a RNH for Dumba deal.
-"I don't think" Calgary would do 7 years at $7 million for Bishop.
-Asking price for Fleury is very high, the Pens don't want to just give him away. The Pens have loyalty to Fleury and don't want to trade him to a team that he doesn't want to go to. He doesn't think that Fleury is going to Calgary.
-Elliott for 35th is a deal he could see and Friedman thinks that Elliott is the favorite for Calgary.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Friedman is saying:

-Edmonton, Calgary and Buffalo are asking about the 3rd overall pick. The Jackets like Brown and another guy I missed.
-Edmonton likes Dumba, maybe a RNH for Dumba deal.
-"I don't think" Calgary would do 7 years at $7 million for Bishop.
-Asking price for Fleury is very high, the Pens don't want to just give him away. The Pens have loyalty to Fleury and don't want to trade him to a team that he doesn't want to go to. He doesn't think that Fleury is going to Calgary.
-Elliott for 35th is a deal he could see and Friedman thinks that Elliott is the favorite for Calgary.

We will see what loyalty MAF shows us next off season :banghead:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
We will see what loyalty MAF shows us next off season :banghead:

No kidding. What does "loyalty" even mean in this case? The guy is a multi-millionaire professional athlete. Trading him won't make him have to live in a refrigerator box. In fact, trading Fleury might be the most "loyal" thing this team could do for him. He's not the best goaltender on this team anymore. He's not going to start. Send him somewhere he will.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I hope there are some trades regardless of MAF. Though I would like to see him moved.

Without a 1st rounder I want some entertainment value.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I have a theory that i shared with Kirk last week, and now I'm starting to wonder: JR's ask is so high because he wants someone to "make the decision for him."

Either they pay his price, and yay! Or they don't and you can say you tried and no one would pay

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I have a theory that i shared with Kirk last week, and now I'm starting to wonder: JR's ask is so high because he wants someone to "make the decision for him."

Either they pay his price, and yay! Or they don't and you can say you tried and no one would pay

Not looking good now?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm pretty sanguine about this. If Fleury doesn't go at the draft, there's other options. If we can shed Kunitz or someone, that'd be good too.

But in the end, having a Cup means I don't really care what happens this weekend. Also, I'm drunk.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
In terms of prospects, a guy I'm curious about is Gauthier. He's ranked 19th right now, but if he falls to around 30 somehow, I'd love for the Pens to try and trade up for him.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I love when main board threads are created because two GMs decided to say hi to one another.

Rutherford and Benning talking? "Pit-Van trade coming?" thread in .2 seconds.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I'm pretty sanguine about this. If Fleury doesn't go at the draft, there's other options. If we can shed Kunitz or someone, that'd be good too.

But in the end, having a Cup means I don't really care what happens this weekend. Also, I'm drunk.

I'd be happy if we at least get rid of Kunitz for a pick or two. MAF can still play consistently well, at least.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
"Loyalty" is going to have to go out the window eventually because of the expansion draft and protecting Murray.. Might as well get it over with now, if it's possible.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I'm guessing they just don't want to move him and are hoping they don't get ****ed later on.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm guessing they just don't want to move him and are hoping they don't get ****ed later on.

Worst comes to worst, they buy him out. It'd suck, but I don't see Fleury on our roster next off-season.

And sometimes other GMs just don't want to play ball.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
You all realize, in any other situation, this sort of behavior from GMJR would be considered "negotiating from strength," yes?

Or are we panicking already? We're panicking already. Okay.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The amount of loyalty the Pens have shown Fleury throughout the years is nothing short of staggering.

At some point you just have to accept that the writing is on the wall.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Worst comes to worst, they buy him out. It'd suck, but I don't see Fleury on our roster next off-season.

And sometimes other GMs just don't want to play ball.

In this case, Rutherford is the GM not playing ball (as far as lowering his ask. Fleury could have been in Calgary at any point in the last week if JR accepts the Flames offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad