2016 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest

JA

Joey Chestnut set a new Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest record with 70 hot dogs consumed in a span of ten minutes. He broke his old record of 69 hot dogs at the event.

Matt Stonie, the defending champion, finished in second place with 53 hot dogs consumed.

Chestnut defeated Stonie at the 2016 World Gyro Eating Championship to regain his title in that competition. Stonie, meanwhile, took the 2015 Rib Eating World Championship title away from Chestnut.

Chestnut and Stonie are the world's best at competitive eating right now. Stonie has a fairly large YouTube following due to his personal challenge videos that he posts to his YouTube channel. Chestnut, meanwhile, in the words of contest MC George Shea, "is America."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2016/07/04/joey-chestnut-hot-dog-eating-contest/86675566/
Joey Chestnut regains hot dog eating title, sets record
AP 5:14 p.m. EDT July 4, 2016

NEW YORK (AP) — Joey “Jaws” Chestnut regained the Mustard Yellow International Belt Monday, ousting Matt “The Megatoad” Stonie of the championship title at the annual July Fourth hot dog eating contest at Nathan’s Famous in Coney Island on Monday.

Chestnut, 32, downed 70 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes — the most hot dogs and buns ever eaten at the competition — polishing off 17 more dogs than Stonie. Chestnut’s eight straight victories ended last year when he lost the championship title in an upset to Stonie. Both men are from San Jose, Calif.

In 2013, Chestnut set a world record by eating 69 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. Contest officials said Chestnut set a new record last month when he ate 73 1/2 hot dogs and buns during a qualifying event.

As he gripped the mustard-colored belt after his win Monday afternoon, Chestunt said Stonie had “woke up the sleeping giant” when he beat him out last year.

“Last year was rough,” Chestnut told the crowd. “This year was the best ever.”

Stonie said there were “no excuses” for his loss. He said Chestnut did an amazing job.

With thousands of people — many wearing Nathan’s Famous hats — watching the eaters on an elevated stage along the famed Coney Island boardwalk, the next closest competitor ate 41 hot dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
I don't understand why people take part of these things having so much food and then probably puking it up all night feeling sick. Why do that to your body?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't understand why people take part of these things having so much food and then probably puking it up all night feeling sick. Why do that to your body?

Fame and fortune

I'd like to see ShoeNice go head to head with these guys

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
This stuff makes me wanna hurl.

Also, obligatory gif...

uqY3IE2.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad