2016 MLB Talk Part II - Mets, Yankees, etc

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was just about to make a joke about Carl Edwards not being old enough to have a kid in MLB.:laugh:

That was actually my first thought, since he's Carl Edwards Jr.

''Carl Edwards ain't quite old enough to have a son that grown up. And they don't really look alike either'':laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
edit your post please

get that crap out of here.

this is about the cubs

Now you KNOW I'd like to see that happen as much as you would!:laugh:

Congrats to the Cubs!

I don't think the Mets would have lasted very long against them, might be for the best that they went out in the wild card play-in game. I never thought they'd beat Chicago this time.

LOL there's Bill Murray again.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I cannot believe the Cubs won the World Series.

I think the apocalypse is near.

giant-meteor-2016-bumper-sticker-4.jpg

Perhaps a giant meteor is going to save us from choosing between an evil gangster and an obnoxious buffoon.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I cannot believe the Cubs won the World Series.

I think the apocalypse is near.

giant-meteor-2016-bumper-sticker-4.jpg

Perhaps a giant meteor is going to save us from choosing between an evil gangster and an obnoxious buffoon.

I've seen a growing number of these bumper stickers in the last few months. I'm not really a bumper sticker kind of guy, but I would totally put one on there if I was.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What the NHL gets right is they give the players the trophy first

I have to admit, I haven't watched many World Series endings in many, many years. I did watch the last two though. Only because the Mets were in it last year and this one had too interesting of storyline because of the two teams, it was too hard to wanna avoid it.

But I just started noticing last year that they now give out the trophy in the locker room. I'm not sure what year they started doing this. It used to be awarded out on the field every year, up until fairly recently.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering right, but I swear I watched one earlier in the decade and they were giving it out on the field. I'm pretty sure they did in 09 when the Yankees last won. I remember seeing the end of it, my roommates had it on. I'm pretty sure the Devils played at home that night and I had just gotten back from the game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why do they do the trophy presentation in the locker room? What a joke

I'm telling you, it's something they only recently started doing in the last few years.

Maybe they're only doing it in the locker room when the road team wins these days? I'm pretty sure the World Series ended at Citi Field last year. It ended with the home team losing again this year.

I'm not sure if that's the reason why, but I always remember it being awarded out on the field, up until recent years. Very recent years.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm telling you, it's something they only recently started doing in the last few years.

Maybe they're only doing it in the locker room when the road team wins these days? I'm pretty sure the World Series ended at Citi Field last year. It ended with the home team losing again this year.

I'm not sure if that's the reason why, but I always remember it being awarded out on the field, up until recent years. Very recent years.

I believe ya, just seems foolish, it's not like there weren't a ton of Cubs fans in the building that would have loved to seen the trophy presentation to their team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I believe ya, just seems foolish, it's not like there weren't a ton of Cubs fans in the building that would have loved to seen the trophy presentation to their team.

I was very surprised at the pops the Cubs were getting, like when they scored those runs in the 10th.

The building seemed like there were more maybe a little more than 50% Cubs fans there.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I was very surprised at the pops the Cubs were getting, like when they scored those runs in the 10th.

The building seemed like there were more maybe a little more than 50% Cubs fans there.

Didn't surprise me.

Cleveland is only about a 5 hour drive from Chicago, and Chicago is a MUCH richer area, with a much larger fan base.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have to admit, I haven't watched many World Series endings in many, many years. I did watch the last two though. Only because the Mets were in it last year and this one had too interesting of storyline because of the two teams, it was too hard to wanna avoid it.

But I just started noticing last year that they now give out the trophy in the locker room. I'm not sure what year they started doing this. It used to be awarded out on the field every year, up until fairly recently.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering right, but I swear I watched one earlier in the decade and they were giving it out on the field. I'm pretty sure they did in 09 when the Yankees last won. I remember seeing the end of it, my roommates had it on. I'm pretty sure the Devils played at home that night and I had just gotten back from the game.

The last three World Series have been won by the road team, 2013 with the Red Sox was the last time the home team won the clincher and they did do the presentation on the field then. So yeah it's only when the road team wins (which has been the last three years) they do it in the locker room.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Is it the beginning of the end of the world? Cubs winning world series..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad