2016 MLB Talk Part II - Mets, Yankees, etc

Camille the Eel

Greatest World Series Game 7 I've ever seen.

nearly 25% of American TV's tuned in to the game last night. MLB is ecstatic. 7 game series, monster last game (living up to it's billing) and also (I bet) they've got to be happy the Cubs won it on the road, thus no crowds rampaging in Chicago after the win.

I saw Mazaroski's homer on TV as a kid in 1960. Probably a better ending because of the walk off.

But you can't compare things across the generations. For today, and baseball, this is as good as it can get.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Greatest World Series Game 7 I've ever seen.

I might need a few days to let it sink in, but that probably does top 1991 ATL/MIN for me. That game was tense and a classic pitchers duel between Jack Morris and John Smoltz, but maybe didn't quite have the history of CHC/CLE.

Due to school, I wasn't able to watch any of the 2001 Series which bums me out still.

Unrelated but Mike Montgomery, who recorded the last out, is from my rival high school.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't think it was the greatest but maybe the most entertaining.

There were 4 errors that led to 2 unearned runs and a HORRIBLY managed game by Joe Maddon: A pitcher who was on fire get yanked early, another pitcher who has a history of playing well also gets yanked for a closer who's pitched how many innings over the last 4 days? What the **** was a bunt being considered much less called with 1 out and a guy on third?

And a questionable call to put the tarp on the field for what, 8 minutes?

Maddon deserved to lose that game but got bailed out by his players. Lucky him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think it was the greatest but maybe the most entertaining.

There were 4 errors that led to 2 unearned runs and a HORRIBLY managed game by Joe Maddon: A pitcher who was on fire get yanked early, another pitcher who has a history of playing well also gets yanked for a closer who's pitched how many innings over the last 4 days? What the **** was a bunt being considered much less called with 1 out and a guy on third?

And a questionable call to put the tarp on the field for what, 8 minutes?

Maddon deserved to lose that game but got bailed out by his players. Lucky him.

Ehhh trying a squeeze there isn't the real problem. It was trying it with two strikes that was so boneheaded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad