2016 MiLB Affiliation Dance

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The Mahoning Valley Scrappers (Short Season-A, New York-Penn League) have renewed their affiliation with the Cleveland Indian for two more years.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Some affiliation updates - all renewals since we're still in the midst of the season:

New Orleans Zephyrs (Triple-A, Pacific Coast League) have renewed with the Miami Marlins through the 2020 season;

Biloxi Shuckers (Double-A, Southern League) have renewed with the Milwaukee Brewers through the 2020 season; and

South Bend Cubs (Low-A, Midwest League) have renewed with the Chicago Cubs through the 2020 season.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Two renewals for the day

Asheville Tourists (Low-A, South Atlantic League) have renewed with the Colorado Rockies through the 2018 season and

Hillsboro Hops (Short Season A, Northwest League) have renewed with the Arizona Diamondbacks through the 2018 season

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Quite a few to put up here since I've been on vacay.

El Paso Chihuahuas (Triple-A, Pacific Coast League) have renewed with the San Diego Padres through the 2018 season;

Oklahoma City Dodgers (Triple-A, Pacific Coast League) have renewed with the Los Angeles Dodgers through the 2018 season;

Tulsa Drillers (Double-A, Texas League) have renewed with the Los Angeles Dodgers through the 2018 season;

Great Lakes Loons (Low-A, Midwest League) have renewed with the Los Angeles Dodgers through the 2018 season; and

Quad Cities River Bandits (Low-A, Midwest League) have renewed with the Houston Astros through the 2018 season.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (Advanced A, California League) have renewed with the Los Angeles Dodgers through the 2018 season;

Tri-City Dust Devils (Short Season A, Northwest League) have renewed with the San Diego Padres through the 2018 season; and

Idaho Falls Chukars (Rookie, Pioneer League) have renewed with the Kansas City Royals through the 2018 season.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Fresno Grizzlies (Triple A, Pacific Coast League) have renewed with teh Houston Astros through the 2018 season;

Bowling Green Hot Rods (Low A, Midwest League) have renewed with the Tampa Bay Rays through the 2018 season;

Burlington Bees (Low A, Midwest League) have renewed with the Los Angeles Angels (of Anaheim!) through the 2018 season; and

Hagerstown Suns (Low A, South Atlantic League) have renewed with the Washington Nationals through the 2018 season.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Rochester Red Wings and Minnesota Twins re-up.

Beat me to it! They'll continue their relationship through the 2018 season.

Probably the first big shift is in the wind as it's believed that the Mariners are in talks to purchase 51% of the Modesto Nuts. Seattle's currently affiliated with the Bakersfield so this would definitely open the doors for either the Astros or Rangers to purchase the Blaze for relocation to North Carolina.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Beat me to it! They'll continue their relationship through the 2018 season.

Probably the first big shift is in the wind as it's believed that the Mariners are in talks to purchase 51% of the Modesto Nuts. Seattle's currently affiliated with the Bakersfield so this would definitely open the doors for either the Astros or Rangers to purchase the Blaze for relocation to North Carolina.

Yes, we have a shuffle! The dance have switch partners! This thread has a purpose!

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
And it's official - Bakersfield and High Desert go dark at the end of the season, thus I'm removing them from the list.

Also, the Tri-City Valley Cats (Short Season A, New York Penn League) reupped with the Astros.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
More renewals as the season winds down:

Inland Empire 66ers (High-A, California League) have renewed with the Los Angeles Angels (of Anaheim) through 2018.

Lakewood BlueClaws (Low-A, South Atlantic League) have renewed with the Philadelphia Phillies through 2020.

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (Short Season A, Northwest League) have renewed with the San Francisco Giants through 2018.

Williamsport Crosscutters (Short Season A, New York-Penn League) have renewed with the Philadelphia Phillies through 2018.

Billings Mustangs (Rookie, Pioneer League) have renewed with the Cincinnati Reds through 2018.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Any word on the Lancaster Jethawks? I believe the partnership with the Astros ends this year but I haven't heard much/anything on a renewal.

Attendance at the few games i went to this year was awful, but then again it is A ball.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Any word on the Lancaster Jethawks? I believe the partnership with the Astros ends this year but I haven't heard much/anything on a renewal.

Attendance at the few games i went to this year was awful, but then again it is A ball.

The Astros are definitely breaking their relationship with Lancaster - they've been in talks with Fayetteville to bring the other Carolina League expansion team there.

A few more renewals:

Las Vegas 51s (Triple-A, Pacific Coast League) have renewed with the New York Mets through 2018.

Akron RubberDucks (Double-A, Eastern League) have renewed with the Cleveland Indians through 2020.

Myrtle Beach Pelicans (High-A, Carolina League) have renewed with the Chicago Cubs through 2020.

Clinton LumberKings (Low-A, Midwest League) have renewed with the Seattle Mariners through 2018.

Fort Wayne TinCaps (Low-A, Midwest League) have renewed with the San Diego Padres through 2018.

Spokane Indians (Short Season A, Northwest League) have renewed with the Texas Rangers through 2018.

State College Spikes (Short Season A, New York-Penn League) have renewed with the St. Louis Cardinals through 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad