Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Voted GOAT. I really don't have any criteria at this point, I like Lindberg and Woll from what I saw at dev camp. But I definitely have more exposure to GOAT's game and I know what he can bring to the table.

GOAT
Lindberg
Woll
Dzierkals

My next three

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
You suffer from one of the worst cases of shiny new toy syndrome I've seen on these boards.

Ummmm.... Literally, all I was doing was stating the two other prospects in our system that are 6'05" or taller. Thats it.

That said, if you look at previous poll rankings, its quite common for fans to underrate the 'Shiny new toys" rather than overrate.

That said, I'd like to hear your explanation on how I "suffer from one of the worst cases of shiny new toy syndrome I've seen on these boards". I have our first two rounds ranked in the top 10, 3 rounds in top 20, 4 rounds in top 30.

I really don't think having the following rankings is really overrating the prospects too much...:

1st: Matthews <---- Who would disagree with this?
7th: Korshkov <---- Hunter et al. are clearly high on this kid. Likely viewed him as a first round talent. Same Russian scout gave us the scoop on Soshnikov.
10th: Grundstrom <---- Elite SuperElit stats, played with men the past two seasons. Consensus top 40 by scouting agencies.
16th: Woll <---- Had quite the solid draft year. Big, Athletic.... has good potential.
17th: Greenway <---- Has the tools to be a VERY good NHL defensmen. Does he have the toolbox?
22nd: Brooks <---- 120 pt CHL scorer.... Enough said. I didn't even rank him in the top 20.
30th: Middleton <---- 6'06" toughest prospect drafted. I trust Hunter on this pick

Last edited:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Tobi Lindberg was the key piece in the Phaneuf deal. He was ranked pretty high in Ottawa's system and they're known for their draft prowess. I went with him.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Went with Brooks on this one.

I think he's got a higher ceiling than Lindberg, but I believe that Lindberg could more of a consistent pro.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Jesper Lindgren.

After listening to the podcast with Button, i am reminded that this guy has the highest upside of all D-men taken in last years draft.

I also think Loov is getting forgot here just a bit ... he looked really good in his NHL stint last year, even though the sample size was small. That first pass of his is just stellar. Also like his work on the boards. And hey, bone crushing hits. Yeah.

Last edited:

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Jesper Lindgren.

After listening to the podcast with Button, i am reminded that this guy has the highest upside of all D-men taken in last years draft.

I also think Loov is getting forgot here just a bit ... he looked really good in his NHL stint last year, even though the sample size was small. That first pass of his is just stellar. Also like his work on the boards. And hey, bone crushing hits. Yeah.

I'll admit, Loov has fallen off my radar a bit. I was very high on him last year, but he didn't have the season I was expecting. I really think this year will be a make or break season for Loov.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We're into the 3rd tier of prospects in our system and there are still a few potential future NHLers. Not long ago, some of these kids may have been ranked in our top ten.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Been voting Lindberg since 16 lol

Sens fan here, watching how the Sens effect is playing out here. Lindberg should have gone 7-10 picks earlier. He will play in the NHL for 10+ years, not much in the top 6, but in the bottom 6 for sure.

Mr Hockey*

Sens fan here, watching how the Sens effect is playing out here. Lindberg should have gone 7-10 picks earlier. He will play in the NHL for 10+ years, not much in the top 6, but in the bottom 6 for sure.

I like him and would put in the 10 -15 spot. He was a healthy scratch during the marlies playoff run though.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

I don't know if it's a Senators effect or just plain unfamiliarity. There's no way in my mind he should be in a neck-and-neck fight with Gauthier (and I like Gauthier). He's definitely on the Leipsic-Leivo level. Not sure he'd go as high as 11 or 14, since guys like Timashov and Neilsen had fantastic years, but yeah, he's being underrated IMO. If he has another strong year, I can see him being in the 10-12 range next year.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I don't know if it's a Senators effect or just plain unfamiliarity. There's no way in my mind he should be in a neck-and-neck fight with Gauthier (and I like Gauthier). He's definitely on the Leipsic-Leivo level. Not sure he'd go as high as 11 or 14, since guys like Timashov and Neilsen had fantastic years, but yeah, he's being underrated IMO. If he has another strong year, I can see him being in the 10-12 range next year.

Toronto traded leftovers for Rychel. I guess name recognition won the day with him.

I admit that a few years ago I thought Leivo was a real steal, not now though. I didn't know Lindberg was cut during the playoffs though. I missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille