Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
I understand Conor Brown maybe NHL ready, but to say he is our #4 prospect out of the pool we have. I dont get it? :help:

You can make a strong case that there are a number of prospects that are better, BUT - I find it hard to make a case that many, if any other guys are significantly better as prospects. After the top three I find it very difficult. I think my 4 through 14 or so are all close together. Of course, other people will have totally different guys ranked in those spots.

I've voted for Greenway in the last few rounds because I see a lot of Neilsen there, who I am very high on. He's a guy who has a long way to go and the odds are that he won't develop into a particularly great player, but you can see the potential for something great.

The other factor is, I know so little about our recent draftees compared to the guys from earlier on, that it's really hard to figure out where to put them in the rankings.

Mr Hockey*

128 point OHL season.

61 point rookie AHL season.

6 points in 7 NHL games.

What more does the kid have to do to prove himself??

I only said, I do not think he is our #4 prospect. I would trade him,levio and Gardiner for Trouba :popcorn:

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Another tough vote... I want to go in on Grundstrom ... but i also don't really KNOW, like most here, we haven't seen him actually ... but ... i like him... hahaha.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Get the feeling that Babcock already has his mind made up on Leivo. I find that interesting as Leivo actually does like to cycle and protect the puck quite a bit, and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty.

A lot of you guys have made the assumption that he won't be in the organization come October and you may be right. But I truly think that if an organization were to try and play him 82 games next year he would put up 15 goals and 15 assists. I see him capable of making a Killorn type impact.

That makes him a good prospect in my mind.

Yea but he has played 3 full years with the Marlies, plus a handful of games after his final OHL season, he's not afraid to be physical, he was #4 in points during the season & #2 in the playoffs & he just turned 23. Doesn't that mean it's time to put him out to pasture?

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Leipsic ahead of Leivo? Ridiculous.

Leivo and Valiev should go next. It's irrelevant, how long Josh will be in the organization. But I hope for a long time.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Been voting for Valiev since #6. I don't know why, but I get a feeling that he will be #3D. Dermott was just a little bit ahead of him for me, but felt that he would be picked sooner than Valiev.

Valiev is smart, strong and makes good passes out of his Dzone. Plus he makes good defensive reads, that is what I get from him.

Note to OP, you are missing link to poll #5. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2099833

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Valiev has a better chance of being a top 4 D to me then Brown has of becoming a top 6 forward...Thats just my opinion...Dermott and Valiev are definitely our top 2 d prospects then Nielsen Greenway and Lindgren.(not including Zaitsev)

Mr Hockey*

I walked away from this when I seen Connor Brown whom I like at #4 ... :help:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Connor Brown has been with the club for 4 years (drafted 2012) and other prospects are relatively younger and new to the organization so most of the posters are familiar with this pick, he is not necessarily our top 4 prospect but as he was selected in the 4th round so you say he is a gem in the rough

Brown was drafted in the 6th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad