Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Auston Matthews -- 90.30%
2. Mitch Marner -- 77.42%
3. William Nylander -- 96.95%
4. Connor Brown -- 35.79%
5. Nikita Zaitsev -- 57.87%
6. Kasperi Kapanen -- 37.50%
7. Connor Carrick -- 35.27%
8. Travis Dermott -- 35.59%
9. Nikita Soshnikov -- 44.68%
10. Andreas Johnson -- 31.60%
11. Dmytro Timashov -- 26.03%
12. Kerby Rychel -- 42.38%
13. Andrew Nielsen -- 31.48%
14. Yegor Korshkov -- 32.60%
15. Brandon Leipsic -- 23.97%

Zach Hyman
Vladimir Bobylev
Martins Dzierkals
JD Greenway
Antoine Bibeau
Stephen Desrocher
Carl Grundstrom
Josh Leivo
Nikita Korostelev
Jeremy Bracco
Jesper Lindgren
Adam Brooks
Frederick Gauthier
Garret Sparks
Keaton Middleton
Frankie Corrado
Rinat Valiev
Tobias Lindberg
Joseph Woll
Viktor Loov

Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Tony Cameranesi
Dominic Toninato
Dakota Joshua
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Jack Walker
Nicolas Mattinen
Nikolai Chebykin

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #11 Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15

Suggest who I should add next. :D

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
IMO Bracco is getting heavily underrated and being forgotten.

He should be way higher on this list.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

You could literally say that about 7 or 8 prospects available at this point... :laugh:.

I think Grundstrom is undervalued and I have him rated in our top 10. Leipsic I think has been overrated and I have him at 24.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
My List

1) Matthews [1]
2) Marner [2]
3) Nylander [3]
4) Brown [4]
5) Dermott [8]
6) Johnson [10]
7) Korshkov [14]
8) Carrick [7]
9) Zaitsev [5]
10) Grundstrom[/b]
11) Kapanen [6]
12) Timashov [11]
13) Soshnikov [9]
14) Nielsen [13]
15) Rychel [12]
16) Woll
17) Greenway
18) Hyman
19) Bracco
20) Lindgren
21) Valiev
22) Brooks
23) Leivo
24) Leipsic [15]
25) Gauthier
26) Dzierkals
27) Sparks
28) Lindberg
29) Corrado
30) Middleton
31) Kaskisuo
32) Bibeau

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Serious question. If you had to choose, would you rather have Hyman or Leivo or Grundstrom?

It depends on what you are basing your ranking/vote off, it could be upside or NHL readiness.

I have been voting for upside but recently (last poll) have started voting for NHL ready guys. There's no doubt in my mind Josh Leivo would succeed if he is put in a top nine role, he has incredible chemistry with Nylander too now. Leivo-Matthews-Nylander could be a line that meshes together very well. Hyman was an absolute beast in the NHL, he worked his ass off, even harder than Komarov tbh. Look at Soshnikov who is sitting comfortably in the top 10, Leivo was so much better in the AHL, and looked just as good in a smaller role in the NHL.

You continue to say Grundstrom is underrated, but maybe you are underrating the guys who have proven to us that they can play in both the AHL and NHL. That, and our prospect pool is the best and most deep in the league.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
It depends on what you are basing your ranking/vote off, it could be upside or NHL readiness.

I have been voting for upside but recently (last poll) have started voting for NHL ready guys. There's no doubt in my mind Josh Leivo would succeed if he is put in a top nine role, he was incredible chemistry with Nylander too now. Leivo-Matthews-Nylander could be a line that meshes together very well. Hyman was an absolute beast in the NHL, he worked his ass off, even harder than Komarov tbh. Look at Soshnikov who is sitting comfortably in the top 10, Leivo was so much better in the AHL, and looked just as good in a smaller role in the NHL.

You continue to say Grundstrom is underrated, but maybe you are underrating the guys who have proven to us that they can play in both the AHL and NHL. That, and our prospect pool is the best and most deep in the league.

Fair enough, although you didn't answer the question ;) ;P

When I vote, I think in terms of value to the organization. Who would have higher value in a trade? To me, Grundstrom without a doubt would have more value and Hyman or Leivo.

Oh, I know I'm underrating some and overrating others... at this point, I'm not sure who that is... but still. I agree that Hyman is an NHL player, but I'm not convinced he is much more than an energy 4th liner. I haven't been a fan of Leivo the past couple of years. He's been okay, but I'm not convinced he'll be a solid NHLer.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I feel like the same group of guys have been voting for Valiev for a very long time now...But the vast majority just keeps picking whatever smallish forward they have heard of more...

Valiev should be way higher on this list...Its getting ridiculous.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lol Leivo won't make it out of training camp in this organization and people honestly are voting for him? Valiev, Bracco, Grundstrom are easily better prospects at this point.

Went with Valiev again.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Carl Grundstrom

By the way Leivo's days are numbered with this organization, he is not going to make it with the Leafs and that's my opinion

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

Agreed. His upside is massive and thus I think he should be higher. On the flip side, this really showcases our prospect depth. Amazing how quickly we were able to turn a bottom tier prospect pool into the arguably the best one.

Mr Hockey*

I understand Conor Brown maybe NHL ready, but to say he is our #4 prospect out of the pool we have. I dont get it? :help:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I understand Conor Brown maybe NHL ready, but to say he is our #4 prospect out of the pool we have. I dont get it? :help:

Connor Brown has been with the club for 4 years (drafted 2012) and other prospects are relatively younger and new to the organization so most of the posters are familiar with this pick, he is not necessarily our top 4 prospect but as he was selected in the 4th round so you say he is a gem in the rough

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
leivo leading? lol...um u guys know hes out of the organization in a few months right

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

128 point OHL season.

61 point rookie AHL season.

6 points in 7 NHL games.

What more does the kid have to do to prove himself??

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Get the feeling that Babcock already has his mind made up on Leivo. I find that interesting as Leivo actually does like to cycle and protect the puck quite a bit, and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty.

A lot of you guys have made the assumption that he won't be in the organization come October and you may be right. But I truly think that if an organization were to try and play him 82 games next year he would put up 15 goals and 15 assists. I see him capable of making a Killorn type impact.

That makes him a good prospect in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino