Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Nielsen is gonna look silly being this low in a couple years

I think a lot of players here have potential for that.

I'm really high on Bracco, but most here don't seem to be. I think he should be easily ahead of the guys here (fighting for the 12th with only Rychel/Nielsen)

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I voted Korshkov. But Rychel is good here too. I think once we are more informed on Korshkov this list could change slightly

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I too am wondering how Bracco is not getting any votes. The depth of this prospect pool is nuts.. just need that 1 last blue chip defenseman prospect and we are set.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Voted Korshkov for the 3rd or 4th time in a row.

Rychel, Nielsen, Bracco, and Valiev coming up imo.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
People are grossly understating leipsic, IMO he's nearly on par with Connor brown, and I'm a big fan of brown! Leipsic will be a 3rd line lw in 2 years, mark my words

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
How is Rychel winning in a landslide over Hyman?

Hyman has limited upside because of his skill set, and he's already 24. He has the speed and work ethic to stick in a bottom six role at the NHL level, but there are a ton of prospects in our system that should rank ahead of him in terms of potential. Rychel and a few others not yet voted in are among them.

It's a testament to our scouting that Hyman is that far down the depth chart. He's still an effective young player.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Did Rychel run over your dog? Seem to have a lot of animosity for the guy. Where should he rank if not 12th?

No, I just think there are better prospects...

I don't hate him, I just don't think he's much more than a bottom 6 player.

I loved the trade to acquire him, it's just he's really not that good. He's way better than Harrington, but that's not saying much.

As for ranking, he should slot in near Leivo and Leipsic. After Neilsen, Korshkov, Bracco and Woll.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
So you don't think our 31st overall pick is a top 15 prospect?

Well I mean if you judge by overall then he would be top 10, same with Gauthier. The thing is, if he was drafted in the 4th round where many projected him, he might not even make the top 25

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
People are grossly understating leipsic, IMO he's nearly on par with Connor brown, and I'm a big fan of brown! Leipsic will be a 3rd line lw in 2 years, mark my words

I think many people are voting based on hype instead of actually watching the players. And I completely agree with your projection. (He's not Connor Brown level though)

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Kerby Rychel

The next 5 order could be drawn out of a hat.

Andrew Nielsen
Brandon Leipsic
Yegor Korshkov
Jeremy Bracco
Josh Leivo

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Nielsen.

Interesting to see where Grundstrom lands on this list. He's a solid/B level prospect, guess it shows how strong Toronto's depth is.

Think Lindgren will be a riser, he'll get a bigger role with MoDo in the Allsvenskan, and hopefully a spot on Sweden's WJC team

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
No, I just think there are better prospects...

I don't hate him, I just don't think he's much more than a bottom 6 player.

I loved the trade to acquire him, it's just he's really not that good. He's way better than Harrington, but that's not saying much.

As for ranking, he should slot in near Leivo and Leipsic. After Neilsen, Korshkov, Bracco and Woll.

I disagree about Bracco and Woll. Leivo and Leipsic are debatable. I also think you're allowing the trade to skew your judgement of Kerby. Yeah Harrington is at best a bottom pairing defenseman but art hel and the Blue Jackets weren't on the best of terms anyway.

Regardless, this list is entirely subjective.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I have stopped voting now.

Way too many choices that are too close and you need to project years out.The fact that guys like Nielsen,Leipsic etc. are even still on the board speaks volumes. Dare I say too much depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad