Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #11 - Tie breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
This poll is a tie breaker for the #11 prospect between Kerby Rychel and Dmytro Timashov

I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Auston Matthews -- 90.30%
2. Mitch Marner -- 77.42%
3. William Nylander -- 96.95%
4. Connor Brown -- 35.79%
5. Nikita Zaitsev -- 57.87%
6. Kasperi Kapanen -- 37.50%
7. Connor Carrick -- 35.27%
8. Travis Dermott -- 35.59%
9. Nikita Soshnikov -- 44.68%
10. Andreas Johnson -- 31.60%

Zach Hyman
Yegor Korshkov
Martins Dzierkals
JD Greenway
Brandon Leipsic
Dymtro Timashov
Carl Grundstrom
Josh Leivo
Nikita Korostelev
Jeremy Bracco
Kerby Rychel
Adam Brooks
Frederick Gauthier
Garret Sparks
Andrew Nielsen
Frankie Corrado
Rinat Valiev
Tobias Lindberg
Joseph Woll
Viktor Loov

Antoine Bibeau
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Tony Cameranesi
Dominic Toninato
Dakota Joshua
Stephan Desrocher
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Colin Smith
Keaton Middleton
Jack Walker
Nicolas Mattinen
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
facebook.png

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I was more than content with my Nielsen decision knowing the other 3 would probably all get picked before him and I wouldn't have to choose between the others again. And now you guys go and create a tie and I have to pick between Timashov and Rychel, good going guys :laugh:

Timashov I guess

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not that it really matters, but make sure to put 26.03% as the result for whoever wins this poll, if you just put the % from this poll it looks like a more dominant win when it was a tie.(I remember we had this discussion last year in a tie as well)

Are we putting the guy who loses 12th or another poll. I suggest another poll since the guys who voted for the winner here may switch their votes to make Korshov or Nielsen victorious over the loser so you never know. But of course you decision :)

Jes5ant

Mar 5, 2014
Damn. You guys are underrating Hyman. I don't know that Johnson will ever have as big an impact on a team as him. It won't be on a top 6 line, but he will be a mainstay on a team.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Damn. You guys are underrating Hyman. I don't know that Johnson will ever have as big an impact on a team as him. It won't be on a top 6 line, but he will be a mainstay on a team.

I mean he's 24 years old, and won't be anything more than a 4th liner, although nothing wrong with that. Johnson is 21 and has shown way more potential and promise then Hyman had when he was 21. Some people vote based off potential rather than how safe a player is at making the NHL, obviously you want both but voting now it's hard to get both.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Timashov. Hope were doing another poll. Nielsen was my original pick and i think alot of the Timashov voters might have someone else above Rychel

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Could probably call it a Timashov win and start the #12 ranked prospect thread today if ya wanted to Schenn..

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Eleventh seems low as it is.

Timashov.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Should be Rychel IMO, but Timashov will win.

At 21 Rychel has proven he will be an NHL player undoubtedly, we're just not sure if he'll be top 6 or bottom 6 yet. I would consider it a big success if Timashov is ever a regular NHLer. Time will tell.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Voted Kerby, love Tima though.

Sosh, Johnson, Kerby, Dmytro, Nielsen, and Korshkov are all the same tier to me though, so who cares. :laugh:

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Theres a certain level of achievement that needs to be accounted for. Kerby has already played nhl games. Regardless of how he did in them he's made it at a young age and performed admirably in the ahl. Timashov, while great ohl numbers, are exactly that. To me i take the prospect slightly more further along. You cannot call a 21 yo a bust as so many here have alluded too.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

Well we're hoping Johnson can become a top-6 caliber player, which is why people would vote for him ahead of Hyman (even though Hyman's shown some stuff in the NHL).

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Theres a certain level of achievement that needs to be accounted for. Kerby has already played nhl games. Regardless of how he did in them he's made it at a young age and performed admirably in the ahl. Timashov, while great ohl numbers, are exactly that. To me i take the prospect slightly more further along. You cannot call a 21 yo a bust as so many here have alluded too.

Rychel > Marner?

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Rychel > Marner?

I never said that.. but Timashov is no Marner. Rychel was a first round selection only a couple years ago, and there's a reason for that. He has size, skill and he's still young having played in the NHL by 20. Project players like Timashov have always been vastly overrated by our fan base by what they "could" be. We've seen it several times with these Swedish dark horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad