Prospect Info: 2016 Flames prospect rankings: #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Voted for Gillies. He's looking very solid at this point, and I'm excited to see what kind of year he has.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Gillies, his injury really shouldn't have any influence in decisions at this point. Strongly considered Jankowski though as well.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Janko.

Re: Gillies, he's next for me. But I don't know how he's going to do in the pros, because well he's a goalie. His ceiling is very high, but I still can't say he's going to play with 100% confidence. Janko has around an equivalent ceiling for a forward, but I think he's a pretty sure bet to play as I think his skillset will translate very well to the NHL.

Honestly, flip a coin but I give an edge to Janko.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Kylington for the second time.

Also, don't sleep on Falkovsky. He's better than just a fridge on skates.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
After Tkachuk, Gillies and Jankowski, it will be close for me between Andersson and Kylingyon for top defenceman.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Andersson > Kylington

Maybe currently, but he's also got just short of a year of development on Kylington. I think Kylington now is better than Andersson was in training camp for instance. When both start to plateau I think Kylington will be the better player but Andersson has quite the potential himself.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Andersson > Kylington

I think you can make a case for either, really. But I think Kylington is a better athlete and has a higher ceiling, I think it's pretty hard to dispute that. I love Andersson, I definitely think his overall game is more polished which is what makes him so attractive. But Kylington will always be a better skater, has a better shot, I think his offensive ceiling is elite, and the fact that he played pro as an 18 year old and played well in all situations is so impressive. But you cannot discount what Andersson did this past year, both are fantastic talents.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Shinkaruk. Followed by Jankowski, Kulak and Mangiapane then probably Kylington.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think you can make a case for either, really. But I think Kylington is a better athlete and has a higher ceiling, I think it's pretty hard to dispute that. I love Andersson, I definitely think his overall game is more polished which is what makes him so attractive. But Kylington will always be a better skater, has a better shot, I think his offensive ceiling is elite, and the fact that he played pro as an 18 year old and played well in all situations is so impressive. But you cannot discount what Andersson did this past year, both are fantastic talents.

I think you make some good points, Hickey really is the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad