2016 Draft Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Insider content on ABCnews? :confused:

Why wouldn't Sebastian Aho be right in the middle of a Pronman list?

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Yeah that kind of weirded me out. :laugh:

He's got his own opinions on players but it's nice to read some stuff like this without a paywall.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I see Carchidi is still playing pretend draft guru. Remember last year when he inexplicably decided to push for Daniel Vladar?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I see Carchidi is still playing pretend draft guru. Remember last year when he inexplicably decided to push for Daniel Vladar?

When I need draft information, I know I go to the man who can't evenly competently cover the big club!

I hope that whoever he recommends has a great combined +/- !

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I wouldn't mind taking Yegor Korshkov in the mid rounds. He's a last year eligible prospect but he probably should have been drafted by now.

He had a big WJC & had a good first fully year in the KHL this past season. It looks like he's signed until the 2017-2018 season though so that might be a potential issue.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=176637

I pimped him here during the WJC. Korshkov looked legit. He has everything you could want in a NHL 2nd line RW.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
That does sound like a guy, that would fit in well for us. Luckily we have 5 picks in the top 83, and hexy can get us lots of toys.
Is someone going to do a poll mock for round 1. This draft is so bizarre, I don't have a clue, whom we will take at 18. I don't even know the country of the guy, Canada,USA, Russia or Sweden.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
That does sound like a guy, that would fit in well for us. Luckily we have 5 picks in the top 83, and hexy can get us lots of toys.
Is someone going to do a poll mock for round 1. This draft is so bizarre, I don't have a clue, whom we will take at 18. I don't even know the country of the guy, Canada,USA, Russia or Sweden.

I've wanted to trade up for a high ranked forward the last three years. It's worked every year.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I'm sure Ron has paperwork and what he would surrender to move up. Nylander should go 6-10 range. If he is avail for Montreal, they will take him without batting an eye, as their offense is weak. I think guys like jost,brown,McLeod would be looked at as potential trade targets.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm sure Ron has paperwork and what he would surrender to move up. Nylander should go 6-10 range. If he is avail for Montreal, they will take him without batting an eye, as their offense is weak. I think guys like jost,brown,McLeod would be looked at as potential trade targets.

Dubois seems like a guy the Flyers would fall in love with; a big two way forward from the Qmjhl who can play center and has an edge to his game. I just don't know what it would cost to get to #4 and if the Flyers would pay it. I don't think much of Chiarelli or the situation he is in in Edmonton so maybe Hextall can pull it off for less than one would think.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Oilers really should only move that pick if it gets them the RHD they have been desperately looking for.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Oilers really should only move that pick if it gets them the RHD they have been desperately looking for.

They are in a tough spot. The only rumored available RHDs would be Barrie and Vatanen (I don't think Winnipeg would trade Trouba out west). So are either the type of defenseman they need? I would think they need guys who can actually play defense too but those guys a very rare and every team wants them. Chiarrelli himself seems to know he will be hard pressed to get a two way RHD as he mention he might trade the pick for size too.

That is why the Flyers rebuild IMO will succeed and Edmonton's has constantly failed. Quality defensemen are the hardest thing to obtain and the longest to develop thru the draft with a high percentage of busts and underachievers along the way. Teams that are contenders are usually contenders because of their defense. Teams that aren't are usually in need of defensemen. So contenders will not trade them since they won't be contenders anymore and the noncontenders are despartely fighting over the scraps thus driving up insane prices. At best Edmonton can hope for is a #3 or #4 in trade.

Edit: I would stand to reason if Winniepg wouldn't trade Trouba out west, why would Colorado or Anaheim do it making their direct competition stronger? So maybe all three RHD would be off limits to Edmonton.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Vatanen is a two-way guy and was one of Anaheim's main PKers. He's just a bit small.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Vatanen is a two-way guy and was one of Anaheim's main PKers. He's just a bit small.

Even with being on the PK, he is still getting the most o-zone starts and least amount of d-zone starts of any regular Anaheim defensemen. He would be better than anyone Edmonton has though.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
I like his take on Tufte, but he seems to have him way lower than everyone else (40th). I'd be psyched on him at our pick, depending who the other options are. I'd really be psyched on him if he was somehow taken in the second round.

I like Tufte and Gauthier. Two big LWs who can score goals and skate is exactly what we need. I wouldn't mind adding Tage Thompson with one of our 2nds or 3rds.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Even with being on the PK, he is still getting the most o-zone starts and least amount of d-zone starts of any regular Anaheim defensemen. He would be better than anyone Edmonton has though.

Much like Ghost, that has a lot to do with Vatanen being a bigger threat to score than any other defensemen on Anaheim. You want your best offensive defensemen getting as many ozone starts as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad