Dubois
Juol
Tkachuck
Jost
Brown

Should be nothing else on bennings discussion of the pick

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
**** Winnipeg, that ***** city lost their team for a reason. NHL should never have went back there. I'd rather the team still be in Atlanta.

Vancouver should be picking at 2.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I can see oilers salivating at the thought of having Tkachuk playing with McDavid. Tbh, I think that combo would be extremely successful.

Not to mention Tkachuk is a very marketable name, I can already see commercials of Keith asking if Matthew is there

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Really hoping we go Tkachuk/Dubois.

Still have our 33rd pick, like a late 1st rounder :) hopefully Benson.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
**** Winnipeg, that ***** city lost their team for a reason. NHL should never have went back there. I'd rather the team still be in Atlanta.

Jeez. Relax.

It's a lottery. It's luck. Sometimes it doesn't go your way.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

This exactly i here ya Im so engaged right now i dont even know what to write some times it never should of gone to toronto or winnepg. Columbus i can understand they went thru a lot of BS too but winnipeg cmon league they really should reverse that it makes no sense i hope that teams fails and gets forced to move again what a joke

Ugghhh

Back to #5 i really hope its Dubois still available or this year is perhaps the worst in Canucks history

ace4

Mar 11, 2014

Look at it this way. At least Laine isn't a Flame which he would be in June had the Jets not comeback from three goals down against the Sharks in the final game of the season.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
The only thing worse than today would have been EDM winning. Todasy sucked. Benning & co. will screw up the #5 pick. This season was a disaster.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Look at it this way. At least Laine isn't a Flame which he would be in June had the Jets not comeback from three goals down against the Sharks in the final game of the season.

And if Vancouver hadn't beat the 3 Cali teams for its first 3 game streak at the end of the season they would be picking first
But culture eh

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011

Yah, at least it's outside the division.

Canuck luck, though. The first friggin year the league changes the lottery rules because of other teams being perennial tanking losers, Vancouver finishes the lowest they have in the standings in 20 years and they bear the brunt, get punished by fate and fall 2 spots out of a sure thing.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

Chill. 11.5/80 were the Canuck's odds for #2 after the Leafs won Matthews.

if you want to be angry at a team, it isn't Winnipeg, it's Edmonton. 4 1st overall picks in 6 years because they can't stop finishing at the bottom of the league.

Lottery is what it is. You should check out the NBA lottery results over the past 2 decades to see they the bottom teams have fallen out of the top 3 spots a lot.

This is what the NHL has turned into due to Edmonton and the NHL for never allowing all non-playoff teams to get the #1 overall pick. They protected the worst team to the tune of 48% of retaining the top pick. 27% chance of winning the lottery, plus another 21% chance for the #6-#14 teams of winning the lottery.

If all teams were allowed to win the lottery, then:

1995 - LA Kings would have been #1 and taken Berard
1999 - Blackhawks would have had #1, but likely the trade for the twins still goes down
2011 - NJ Devils won, so who knows who they would have taken. It was a pick em draft with Larsson, Landeskog, Huberdeau and RNH. Depends on what you wanted that year. After 5 years, all have had some level of success.

I like Chychrun's overall talent and game. Just a matter of whether he can put it all together at the NHL level. He's very much like Erik Johnson and Zach Bogosian IMO. All of the tools, but they never put it together to be a #1 guy. Solid #2. Is JC in that mold as well or can be be more like a Seabrook? That's what Vancouver has to figure out.

Juolevi is the safest Dman pick. He's good at everything, but not great. Kind of like Hamhuis. He's compared very much to fellow Finn Maatta of Pitt. Maybe a bit more offence from him, but not a tonne.

Sergravchev is an amazing skater and has good size. He intrigues me.

Jake Bean, offensive guy, but how is his overall game? Is it good enough to be a #1?

They could trade back, but given the uncertainty of when each D man would get picked, they might not get the one they covet if they move back to #9 or later.

Take the BPA and then you can trade for whatever you need.

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
Chill. 11.5/80 were the Canuck's odds for #2 after the Leafs won Matthews.

if you want to be angry at a team, it isn't Winnipeg, it's Edmonton. 4 1st overall picks in 6 years because they can't stop finishing at the bottom of the league.

Lottery is what it is. You should check out the NBA lottery results over the past 2 decades to see they the bottom teams have fallen out of the top 3 spots a lot.

This is what the NHL has turned into due to Edmonton and the NHL for never allowing all non-playoff teams to get the #1 overall pick. They protected the worst team to the tune of 48% of retaining the top pick. 27% chance of winning the lottery, plus another 21% chance for the #6-#14 teams of winning the lottery.

If all teams were allowed to win the lottery, then:

1995 - LA Kings would have been #1 and taken Berard
1999 - Blackhawks would have had #1, but likely the trade for the twins still goes down
2011 - NJ Devils won, so who knows who they would have taken. It was a pick em draft with Larsson, Landeskog, Huberdeau and RNH. Depends on what you wanted that year. After 5 years, all have had some level of success.

I like Chychrun's overall talent and game. Just a matter of whether he can put it all together at the NHL level. He's very much like Erik Johnson and Zach Bogosian IMO. All of the tools, but they never put it together to be a #1 guy. Solid #2. Is JC in that mold as well or can be be more like a Seabrook? That's what Vancouver has to figure out.

Juolevi is the safest Dman pick. He's good at everything, but not great. Kind of like Hamhuis. He's compared very much to fellow Finn Maatta of Pitt. Maybe a bit more offence from him, but not a tonne.

Sergravchev is an amazing skater and has good size. He intrigues me.

Jake Bean, offensive guy, but how is his overall game? Is it good enough to be a #1?

They could trade back, but given the uncertainty of when each D man would get picked, they might not get the one they covet if they move back to #9 or later.

Take the BPA and then you can trade for whatever you need.

All valid points. But so is **** Winnipeg.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
And if Vancouver hadn't beat the 3 Cali teams for its first 3 game streak at the end of the season they would be picking first
But culture eh

Crapshoot. Finished 1 point behind CBJ and they move up form #4 to #3 to get JP. Just never know with the lottery.

Thus finishing at the bottom isn't really that helpful anymore. NHL was getting bad with fanbases going crazy for tanking. Just looks bad when home fans cheer for their team to lose.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think I am leaning towards wanting the Canucks to pick Chychrun. Getting a franchise Dman out of the draft would be a major win.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
But culture eh

I've never understood this. Who are you blaming? The team, the fans, or the management? The Canucks were fortunate to finish as low as they did- it really was a perfect storm of awful management and players who simply gave up on the team (The fans had no impact on this). I know I want Dubois which seems doable as I don't see the Oilers taking another center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad