2016 Draft Thread | 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatsNaslund19

Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver
I have a feeling that the oilers would take tkachuk over dubois.

I hope youre right. Tkachuk has been top 4 or 5 prospect all year long so it wouldn't surprise me. People just like pld better becuase hes a centre and hes the shiny new toy . Tkachuk to me has the higher floor of the two, but pld has a higher ceiling to me.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know it's not going to mean anything to you guys, but I offer my condolences. We in cbj land know how it feels (2012 lottery.). Hopefully you guys get a good player at 5.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
lol Jueolevi isn't being given the credit he deserves here. Still wouldn't want to see him over Dub or Tkachuk, but people are just degrading Juoelevi for no reason other than out of fear we might take him.

Yeah I'm definitely hoping for a forward here but he's a fine young defenseman. I just don't want to take him at 5.

Though I do fully expect him to be a Canuck as I don't think Dubois will be there at 5. And I think the Canucks prefer Juolevi over Tkachuk based on the quote from Benning below.

“We’ve done our homework on this and we feel in the top-six there’ll be one defenceman we’ll have our eye on and if he’s there we’ll take him.â€

“If we pick five or six then we’ll look to take that defencman.â€

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I know it's not going to mean anything to you guys, but I offer my condolences. We in cbj land know how it feels (2012 lottery.). Hopefully you guys get a good player at 5.

I have no problem with Columbus getting a top 3 pick. You guys could use it as much as anybody else. Congrats.

MatsNaslund19

Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah I'm definitely hoping for a forward here but he's a fine young defenseman. I just don't want to take him at 5.

Though I do fully expect him to be a Canuck as I don't think Dubois will be there at 5. And I think the Canucks prefer Juolevi over Tkachuk based on the quote from Benning below.

“We’ve done our homework on this and we feel in the top-six there’ll be one defenceman we’ll have our eye on and if he’s there we’ll take him.â€

“If we pick five or six then we’ll look to take that defenceman.â€

My thoughts exactly. Juolevi, chychrun are fine prospects but not at 5. At 6 sure, but not when one of Pld or Tkachuk are avail.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

**** off.

It's kind of smug when other fan's come from their neck of the woods to offer their condolences whether it's their team beating the other team in playoffs or in this case, winning a draft pick.

thinly veiled brag bro.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
We need Caggiula and Dubois/Tkachuk. When the Sedin's retire

??? - Dubois - Boeser
Virtanen - Horvat - Baertschi
McCann - Sutter - Caggiula
??? - ??? - Hansen

So anyways Dubois was compared to Vorachek and Tkachuk to Perry.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Personally think Pulj, Dubois, and Tkachuk are all very close at this point in how they project so I'm just glad we didn't fall out of the top 5. I'll be happy at this point if we end up with either Dubois or Tkachuk. The next tier of players for me is the dmen Chychrun/Juolevi/Sergachev in that order.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
If Dubois develops into a 1C that puts up 70 points and plays a gritty game, does it really matter if we didn't get the top 3.

MatsNaslund19

Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver
Personally think Pulj, Dubois, and Tkachuk are all very close at this point in how they project so I'm just glad we didn't fall out of the top 5. I'll be happy at this point if we end up with either Dubois or Tkachuk. The next tier of players for me is the dmen Chychrun/Juolevi/Sergachev in that order.

Theyre close in skill now, but not as close as prospects IMO becuase Puljujärvi might have the highest ceiling in the entire draft since he has the best top end speed and acceleration of all top 5 forwards in the draft.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm warming up to Dubois, I still think Tkachuk would be better but Dubois would be nice down the middle.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I really hope Tkachuk isn't a product of his linemates cause it's looking likely that PLD will probably be gone since some teams can offer up Edmonton some great packages for their pick... Many teams are going to try and move up for a potential #1C.

particularsolution

Mar 17, 2009
Hoping for Dubois at 5 is probably a bit of a stretch at this point. He seems to be the guy most people have at 4, although Bob Mckenzie's consensus has him at 5. It'll probably come down to Tkachuk vs Juolevi, and based on what Benning has said so far re: having a defenceman in his top 5/6 you get a feeling they'll go with Juolevi. Not a bad piece to add, but would be a bit of a letdown to walk away with that as a reward for this disaster of a season.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I'm warming up to Dubois, I still think Tkachuk would be better but Dubois would be nice down the middle.

Dubois is going to be a 1C in this league and likely hit 70 points for a long time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton grabs Tkachuk. They are set at center and he'd look great along McDavid. A gritty, forward who drives the net. Gives McDavid all the room he wants to make plays.

Dubois likely stays at C.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Gotta think Dubois will be there at 5, would assume the coilers take a dman or trade back, in which case I'd expect Tkachuk to go 4 after the playoffs he's had. Which would be A-OK with me :)

The Canucks needed EDM to finish at #4 to have a chance at Dubois. Now, it's all on EDM. If they take a Dman, PLD is there at #5.

I really hope Tkachuk isn't a product of his linemates cause it's looking likely that PLD will probably be gone since some teams can offer up Edmonton some great packages for their pick... Many teams are going to try and move up for a potential #1C.

EDM needs quality, not quantity. They are still in the position to draft a potential #1 Dman at the #4 spot... they should take the chance.

MatsNaslund19

Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver
Hoping for Dubois at 5 is probably a bit of a stretch at this point. He seems to be the guy most people have at 4, although Bob Mckenzie's consensus has him at 5. It'll probably come down to Tkachuk vs Juolevi, and based on what Benning has said so far re: having a defenceman in his top 5/6 you get a feeling they'll go with Juolevi. Not a bad piece to add, but would be a bit of a letdown to walk away with that as a reward for this disaster of a season.

Its a huge letdown. we have the worst offense in the nhl with no help coming. Boesser is another year away, and barring an amazing haul in ufas we desperately lack a young 30 goal scorer regardless of position. Yes you need a franchise dman to win a cup, but you also need to put the puck in the net. Sedins aren't getting any younger.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Man, people are not high on Juolevi at all in his thread. They're making a good case in the Juolevi thread that it would be foolish to take a defenseman that high. Which means we're most likely taking Juolevi at 5.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
It's probably been discussed but I'm sure the Oiles will draft Tkachuk. They don't need a Center (Dubois) but they need gritty scoring wingers (MK). Now the question is do we choose Dubois or Juolevi.

I'd consider choosing Juolevi over Dubois a massive fail and I fear it's something that actually might happen.

particularsolution

Mar 17, 2009
Do people honestly think Edmonton goes with a D at 4? This board is already freaking out at the prospect of taking one at 5. I just don't think it's realistic, regardless of whatever need they might have.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
“If we think a player is going to be No. 1 line player — over a first-pairing defenceman — we’ll take the forward.†Jim Benning to Ben Kuzma the other day.

I think people can relax now, it'll be Dubois or Tkachuk

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Hoping for Dubois at 5 is probably a bit of a stretch at this point. He seems to be the guy most people have at 4, although Bob Mckenzie's consensus has him at 5. It'll probably come down to Tkachuk vs Juolevi, and based on what Benning has said so far re: having a defenceman in his top 5/6 you get a feeling they'll go with Juolevi. Not a bad piece to add, but would be a bit of a letdown to walk away with that as a reward for this disaster of a seasoJon.

I think Benning realizes goal scoring is a major problem so he likely will take either Dubois or Tkachuk. Juolevi doesn't have the offensive skill they need from a #5 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad