Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Here you go.

You just need to put everything after the / in the link between the YouTube commands, on website links everything after the =.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I believe NJD need more Offensive help rather than defensive, if he does go past NJD, i think you drum up an offer. He definitely wont go past Boston at 14

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I believe NJD need more Offensive help rather than defensive, if he does go past NJD, i think you drum up an offer. He definitely wont go past Boston at 14

Would love to trade up and get him, but I think it would be tough to trade up and get rid of the Datsyuk contract in the same week. Would take a decent amount of relatively high draft picks to pull of both. Not saying its impossible or that I wouldn’t do it, just not likely imo

Jkalapeno

Mar 27, 2016
Riverview, FL
Would love to trade up and get him, but I think it would be tough to trade up and get rid of the Datsyuk contract in the same week. Would take a decent amount of relatively high draft picks to pull of both. Not saying its impossible or that I wouldn’t do it, just not likely imo

I'd rather get the draft pick that's around 9-13 to get Chychrun or Jost than trade an insane amount for cap relief in a year that they aren't good enough to contend.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Shedding that cap can benefit the team past next season.

It's pretty obvious that we aren't going to trade "an insane amount" to shed it either, considering any of our top-end prospects are off limits in the trade.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Alright, here's my final wish list for that first pick. I won't do any of the other picks. I don't get to watch enough junior hockey.

1. Fabbro
2. Bean
3. McEvoy
4. McLeod
5. Kunin

This is, of course, assuming nobody obvious like Chychrun falls down to 16, which would be a slam dunk.

You and I have a pretty close list.

1. Fabbro
2. McEvoy
3.Mcelod/Kunin (undecided here, wouldnt be upset with either)
4. Bean

I really just dont trust guys who cant play defensive hockey, I think Sproul ruined them for me which is why I'm more hesistant on Bean. I wouldnt be upset with any of these picks and obviously the wings scouting staff has seen more than me on all of them. Fabbro may slip because of the weaker league he played in but so did Jamie Benn. I also had my list contingent on Chychrun not falling

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Shedding that cap can benefit the team past next season.

It's pretty obvious that we aren't going to trade "an insane amount" to shed it either, considering any of our top-end prospects are off limits in the trade.

It certainly can, but it isn't guaranteed to. Cap space is only as valuable as what you do with it.

I am not expecting much trade action from Holland this weekend, even though he has apparently discussed trading up with other teams.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This year, there is a strong possibility the Wings opt for a defenseman — the good ones really have to come from within these days, as they rarely hit the open market.

Hallelujah.

Although Holland also did say this:

“At some point in time, we need to draft some defensemen, but if our scouts deem the best available player when we pick is a forward, we’ll pick a forward,†Holland said.

I guess it's better than nothing? "At some point in time, we need to draft some defenseman"... Yeah, probably bro.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/06/23/detroit-red-wings-nhl-draft/86276146/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Reading between the lines, but I hope Holland means that we are taking McAvoy/Fabbro/Bean unless someone like Keller/Brown/Jost drops.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Here's my Euro wish list for those interested...

Rounds 2-4: Bratt, Dahlen, Borgström, Kuokkanen, Kayumov, Grundström, Lindström, Koivula, Shvyryov, Tuulola.

Rounds 5-7: Glotov, Carlsson (on my 2015 list too), Maltsev, Sokolov, Mityakin, Pethrus, Altybarmakyan, Wahlgren, Krag Christensen, Sukhachyov (G), Nurmi, Lakatos.

Long shots unlikely to be drafted: Weissbach, Chuard (G), Krikunenko, Karlström.

Top choices narrowed down to only 4 would include Glotov, Bratt, Dahlen and Koivula. Glotov is my #1 wish this year and I know the Wings have seen him several times so fingers crossed... Later in the draft I like Altybarmakyan, Krag Christensen and Sukhachyov (G) as interesting, less talked about guys with upside. First two are also very late birthdays which is a good thing for long-term projects. Going into the season Krikunenko was really intriguing to me, but despite putting up good points and still showing solid upside his size/skating combo has not developed as much as I had hoped and that may really hold him back.

I go primarily for upside instead of "safe picks", also couldn't find too many d-men. The rounds are my view on when they should be drafted, which will probably differ from when (if) they actually are chosen at least for some.

PS. I'm really jealous of Toronto, not for the 1st overall pick but the 20 picks in two years...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks for the list Chad, always enjoy the input.

I typically just go for the fool-proof strategy of the more they look like Avicii, the better prospect they are :sarcasm:

Totally random side note-- I listen to this song on spotify on one of my playlists, and everytime I see the album cover it I swear Nyquist is on it.

0004701940_350.jpg

pi-wings-gustav-nyquist-092015.vresize.1200.675.high.57.jpg

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Here's my Euro wish list for those interested...

Rounds 2-4: Bratt, Dahlen, Borgström, Kuokkanen, Kayumov, Grundström, Lindström, Koivula, Shvyryov, Tuulola.

Rounds 5-7: Glotov, Carlsson (on my 2015 list too), Maltsev, Sokolov, Mityakin, Pethrus, Altybarmakyan, Wahlgren, Krag Christensen, Sukhachyov (G), Nurmi, Lakatos.

Long shots unlikely to be drafted: Weissbach, Chuard (G), Krikunenko, Karlström.

Top choices narrowed down to only 4 would include Glotov, Bratt, Dahlen and Koivula. Glotov is my #1 wish this year and I know the Wings have seen him several times so fingers crossed... Later in the draft I like Altybarmakyan, Krag Christensen and Sukhachyov (G) as interesting, less talked about guys with upside. First two are also very late birthdays which is a good thing for long-term projects. Going into the season Krikunenko was really intriguing to me, but despite putting up good points and still showing solid upside his size/skating combo has not developed as much as I had hoped and that may really hold him back.

I go primarily for upside instead of "safe picks", also couldn't find too many d-men. The rounds are my view on when they should be drafted, which will probably differ from when (if) they actually are chosen at least for some.

PS. I'm really jealous of Toronto, not for the 1st overall pick but the 20 picks in two years...

Do you know anything about Pauls Svars with Riga's MHL team?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He's so wrong it's not even funny. Unless he's just talking about Norris candidates

I'd like to hear his 12 number ones list. Is oel a number 1 in his mind?

Probably right about the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad