2016 Draft: 4th Pick: Matt Cairns

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Like I said in the other thread, got to watch this player a good amount this season. He was obviously way too good for the OJ. Would've been playing in the OHL if not for wanting to pursue school. I think he could've been a 2nd round pick if he had played last season in the OHL. He was a true standout in the OJHL and in my opinion had a bigger impact on games than I've seen from players like Trevor Carrick and Drake Caggiula among others.

I think he is more of a surefire NHLer than anyone else we drafted except Puljujarvi. I would be very surprised if he doesn't continue to progress and jump into the NHL in 3-4 years.

Last edited:

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Like I said in the other thread, got to watch this player a good amount this season. He was obviously way too good for the OJ. Would've been playing in the OHL if not for wanting to pursue school. I think he could've been a 2nd round pick if he had played last season in the OHL. He was a true standout in the OHL and in my opinion had a bigger impact on games than I've seen from players like Trevor Carrick and Drake Caggiula among others.

I think he is more of a surefire NHLer than anyone else we drafted except Puljujarvi. I would be very surprised if he doesn't continue to progress and jump into the NHL in 3-4 years.

Wow! Great write-up. That's good to hear because i thought the pick was a bit off the board.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Like I said in the other thread, got to watch this player a good amount this season. He was obviously way too good for the OJ. Would've been playing in the OHL if not for wanting to pursue school. I think he could've been a 2nd round pick if he had played last season in the OJHL. He was a true standout in the OHL and in my opinion had a bigger impact on games than I've seen from players like Trevor Carrick and Drake Caggiula among others.

nice to hear

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
His OHL rights belong to the Petes, Mancina's team. I wonder if they try to convince him to forego NCAA route.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
His OHL rights belong to the Petes, Mancina's team. I wonder if they try to convince him to forego NCAA route.

Doubt it. Looks like he is quite focused on school and he'll play in USHL next year which is a very good place to develop too.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Updated.

Not the junior season that excites — played just 19 games for the Big Red; sometimes as the seventh defensemen and at least one game at forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad