Prospect Info: 2016 Development Camp July 3-7

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
We haven't heard anything about a Young Stars tourney yet this year. When did they announce it last year?

Edit: Twitter tells me that it was announced in the middle of May last year. Guess they figure that the World Cup was too much to cram into the summer.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
We haven't heard anything about a Young Stars tourney yet this year. When did they announce it last year?

Edit: Twitter tells me that it was announced in the middle of May last year. Guess they figure that the World Cup was too much to cram into the summer.

It was announced a week ago Tuesday. I had asked the same question a few hours before the news came out.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=885155&navid=DL|WPG|home

"Prior to the NHL preseason schedule, the Jets will play in the YoungStars Classic in Penticton, BC Sept. 16-19 against the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks."

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I'm hoping it's Gavin Bayreuther.

Some good stats, so I had to look into why he was never drafted. Maybe had something to do with that shoplifting charge.

http://mainehockeyjournal.bangordai...rs/henke-commits-to-maine-wolfe-in-hot-water/

According to the police report, Wolfe and his teammate Gavin Bayreuther put shirts and hats in their jackets as they left the store. The act was caught on the store’s surveillance camera. Bayreuther is facing the same charges as he had $87.97 of clothing in his possession.

Doesn't sound like a True North type of guy to me.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Some good stats, so I had to look into why he was never drafted. Maybe had something to do with that shoplifting charge.

http://mainehockeyjournal.bangordai...rs/henke-commits-to-maine-wolfe-in-hot-water/

According to the police report, Wolfe and his teammate Gavin Bayreuther put shirts and hats in their jackets as they left the store. The act was caught on the store’s surveillance camera. Bayreuther is facing the same charges as he had $87.97 of clothing in his possession.

Doesn't sound like a True North type of guy to me.

Sounds like he would be a steal

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I hope the Jets invite the Swedish Sebastian Aho. Also want one or two of Fortier, Kuznetsov or Stransky invited, although if the Jets wanted these guys they could have just drafted them with their unused 7th round pick or can CHL prospects even be signed after the draft?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=887706

Roster

GOALTENDERS: (A) Eric Brassard, Brett Magnus; (B) Nick Kassoff, Austin Lotz, Olivier Mantha

DEFENCEMEN: (A) Jack Glover, Jan Kostalek, Alec McCrea, Tucker Poolman, Corey Schueneman, Logan Stanley; (B) Jacob Cederholm, Luke Green, Sami Niku, Nelson Nogier, Justin Woods

FORWARDS: (A) Mason Appleton, Axel Blomqvist, Kyle Connor, Matteo Gennaro, Jansen Harkins, Brendan Lemieux, Michael Spacek, Jordy Stallard; (B) Jack Roslovic, Scott Davidson, Erik Foley, C.J. Franklin, Jiri Fronk, Jimmy Lodge, Tom Marchin, Jacob Pritchard, Louie Rowe, Matt Ustaski

Schedule

Sunday, July 3
Group A: 2:30pm - Group B: 1:15pm (MTS Iceplex)
Monday, July 4
Group A: 9:45am - Group B: 9:45am (MTS Iceplex)
Tuesday, July 5
Group A: 6:00pm - Group B: 6:00pm (MTS Iceplex)
Wednesday, July 6
Group A: 11:30am - Group B: 10:15am (MTS Iceplex)
Thursday, July 7
Group A: 10:30am - Group B: 10:30am (MTS Iceplex)

Invites
G Eric Brassard (21), Halifax QMJHL
G Brett Magnus (22), Sacred Heart NCAA
G Nick Kossoff (20), Lake Superior NCAA
G Austin Lotz (21), Medicine Hat WHL
G Olivier Mantha (23), Alaska-Anchorage NCAA
D Alec McCrea (21), Cornell NCAA
D Corey Schueneman (20), Wester Michigan NCAA
D Justin Woods (22), Alaska-Fairbanks NCAA
F Scott Davidson (21), Quinnipiac NCAA
F Tom Marchin (20), Brown NCAA
LW Jacob Pritchard (21), St. Lawrence NCAA
F Louie Rowe (22), Arizona State NCAA
W Jiri Fronk (22), Manitoba Moose

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I find it interesting that they don't have our best pro prospects attending. I guess they feel that Petan, Morrissey, Comrie and DeLeo are best served preparing for camp.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
any significance to Poolman attending?

He apparently had double shoulder surgery, so interesting that they list him. Wonder if he'll pull out like he did last year. Dunno. It's harder for NCAA players to attend, but he does go to UND, so that's not too far of a drive. We need the defensive depth, so I'm hoping that he likes the Jets' organization.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He apparently had double shoulder surgery, so interesting that they list him. Wonder if he'll pull out like he did last year. Dunno. It's harder for NCAA players to attend, but he does go to UND, so that's not too far of a drive. We need the defensive depth, so I'm hoping that he likes the Jets' organization.

Poolman was at camp last year was he not?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Poolman was at camp last year was he not?

I think the Corgi wanted to quote the post asking about Glover. Glover had surgery. Poolman was at last year's camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad