2016 Blue Bombers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm really happy they're going back to the Royal Blue.

Cf9yQ6zUsAAUtYK.jpg

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll probably catch a game or two with my dad. Unfortunately, they've almost always gotten killed when I've been there to see them play :/

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Awesome news about the Royal Blue returning. Best Uni ever.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Truthfully, they've been wearing the 'throwbacks' a tonne the last few seasons.

Seems like half the time at home, almost.

How many times did they wear those brutal Argos uniforms?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I always wore my Royal blue to the games. I was so happy last year when I heard they were switching. Bias I know, but I think the Bombers royal blues are some of the best football jerseys in any league.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Dammit I bought my gf a dark blue jersey freaking yesterday (the reebok stuff is 50% off). I guess I'm going to go find out if I can exchange it.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Truthfully, they've been wearing the 'throwbacks' a tonne the last few seasons.

Seems like half the time at home, almost.

How many times did they wear those brutal Argos uniforms?
Once .... they were supposed to wear them twice minimum but they must have told the league no chance.

Never should have been dark blue IMHO.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
isn't Reebok owned by Adidas?

so are they just switching the branding?

Yes Adidas owns Reebok but they are looking to unload it. Adidas is getting slaughtered in North America by Nike and buying Reebok was supposed to help increase their market share but it's a sinking ship. The CFL branding is similar to what they did in the NBA, pushing their own brand to the forefront at the expense of Reebok and they may follow suit in the NHL. Reebok losing the NFL deal was really the straw that broke the camel's back and it's been downhill for them ever since.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
If I were to buy a Bomber jersey I'd want to get Leggett or Stoudemire... too bad players in the CFL never stick around long enough with one team.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Rumor has it white road jerseys are return also. Gold Helmets.

The homes will be Royal Blue with some Gold on the sleeves, might have gold outlining around the numbers and names which will be white.

A buddy of mine got a sneak peek at the Jerseys and told me, they are pretty nice looking and people should like them.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnip...yal-blue-jerseys-will-be-retro-but-sharp.html

So we get the the royal blue but not the classic design...will be interesting to see how they pull it off

Hope they keep it simple, not like the incoherent jerseys they've been wearing the last few years. Still, mostly sounded okay until I got to this part:

The new pant design, described to Metro Winnipeg as "way different," will likely move away from gold and into a royal blue primary with white side striping.

Can't stand monochromatic unis. Too high school.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Well if they ditch gold pants they are dumb.

Royal Blue/White with Gold Pants and Helmet ...... leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad