OT: 2016 Blue Bombers Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
crazy trades.

Willy is shipped to the Toronto Argonauts while veteran Kevin Glenn returns to Manitoba from the Montreal Alouettes in a second deal.

In addition to landing Glenn to serve as the No. 2 behind Nichols for a fourth round pick in 2018, the Bombers have acquired defensive back T.J. Heath from the Argos, Toronto’s first round draft pick in 2017, as well as a third rounder in 2018.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So who is our long term QB option now? It seems kinda silly to throw the hat in with two mediocre QB's.

While Willy wasn't great this year, this could really hurt if he rediscovers his form from a couple of years ago.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Prepare for the Willy lovers drinking the Nichols haterade to say this is a bad trade.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So who is our long term QB option now? It seems kinda silly to throw the hat in with two mediocre QB's.

While Willy wasn't great this year, this could really hurt if he rediscovers his form from a couple of years ago.

His problem this year was confidence. It was incredibly unlikely he would rediscover his form without a change of scenery.

The long term solution was always going to be a problem that was going to be solved in the off-season.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Yup

His problem this year was confidence. It was incredibly unlikely he would rediscover his form without a change of scenery.

The long term solution was always going to be a problem that was going to be solved in the off-season.

Your right. He got shell shocked with injuries and needed to be moved so he can regain his confidence. Much the same as happened with Glenn. Matt plays a smart game and I hope all the fans get behind him.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Yes, I was just going to say - I like everything about the trades except the timing. Now Willy's going to be extra motivated.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

the BOmbers have 2 raw rookies as 3rd and 4th string QBs. same as every CFL club.
you just hope they can get some reps in runaway victories down the road

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Too bad, I liked willy, thought he would get another shot, guess that happens elsewhere now. I'm glad they grabbed Glenn as insurance for the rest of the year. They got to find a stud in the off season for the future, but for now we got depth.
Heath is pretty good, where does he play in our loaded secondary? Another trade coming? Randle maybe?

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Really happy we picked up Glenn as a backup. There is no way I would have traded Willy without an experienced backup. As for the return, I have no idea where T.J. Heath fits in. On a side note, it is his birthday today. Being traded on your birthday must be weird.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Really happy we picked up Glenn as a backup. There is no way I would have traded Willy without an experienced backup. As for the return, I have no idea where T.J. Heath fits in. On a side note, it is his birthday today. Being traded on your birthday must be weird.

He's good. Two pics today. Who sits? More trades on the way maybe.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

It's a tough call. Confidence was an issue, and it seemed when Nichols came in everyone felt more comfortable with him. But the reality is Willy is twice quarterback Nichols is. A 'normal' Willy and this team would be untouchable with the way the D has been playing. You can't take Nichols out now that he's won every game, but would have been nice for Willy to get his chance to get back in there and see if the old him was out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad