2016 Arizona Fall League Thread

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
All eyes will be on the Scottsdale Scorpions, as Tebow-mania will descend on the Valley of the Sun. I might watch a game or two. Maybe see a game at Sloan Park (because it's near impossible to see a game during the Cactus League.) It's surprising I only attended 1 game of the AFL, and I live in the Valley of the Sun since the league's inception. I am a sad baseball fan. Here's hoping some rising stars shine in the AFL.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Spring Training has been getting more expensive over the years. My buddies and I have been talking about doing AFL for awhile (especially now that one of them lives in Tempe), but haven't been able to make it work.

Perfect weekend this year would be November 4-6. Could catch a day game on the 4th, the swing over to Glendale to watch Arizona State host Michigan in college hockey that night. AFL Fall Stars game is on the 5th.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'll try to convince dad to take me to the Rafters @ Solar Sox Saturday night game, just to cross off "going to Sloan Park/Chicago Cubs' spring training ballpark" off the bucket list.

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I went to Sloan Park tonight. It was hard to focus on the game because of what happened in the North Side of Chicago. Sloan Park is a beautiful park. If you can get tickets, you should go. For the game, Salt River beat Mesa, 7-2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad