OT: 2016 American Football Discussion (NFL, College)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
C1-653wUkAALS-F.jpg

terrible.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
C1-653wUkAALS-F.jpg

terrible.

Generic logo is generic. Looks like the result of a one night stand between the Dodgers and the Lightning logo.

I hope the Chargers fail miserably in LA.

The owner should have built a new stadium in SD.
The fans loyalty to that mostly floundering franchise should have been rewarded.

Funny how there are now two NFL teams in LA and neither one is the most popular team. What a ****** move to block LA from the Raiders and forcing them to leave Cali more or less.

Unless the Chargers can put together a winning team quickly (good luck with that in the AFC West), they can join the Clippers in the red headed stepchild club.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
i was waiting for you to chime in Brodeur

gotta suck for you man

It's a bummer, but I managed to survive without the NFL before. I've been gradually divesting myself from the NFL in recent years (ie, stopped doing fantasy football and I feel happier for doing so). I'm just glad that I was able to take my dad to his first game this season.

At least an AHL team is in town now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oakland files paperwork to move to Vegas.

My friend called that one as soon as the Chargers to LA was announced this past week.

He said that would get the ball moving in place to send the Raiders to Las Vegas.

That Chargers logo is brutal. I didn't even catch the Lightning similarity at first, but it screamed the Dodgers logo as soon as I saw it.

Definitely a product of a birth from the Dodgers/Lightning logo's though haha.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Generic logo is generic. Looks like the result of a one night stand between the Dodgers and the Lightning logo.

Funny how there are now two NFL teams in LA and neither one is the most popular team. What a ****** move to block LA from the Raiders and forcing them to leave Cali more or less.

Unless the Chargers can put together a winning team quickly (good luck with that in the AFC West), they can join the Clippers in the red headed stepchild club.

5JM6R1p.png

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
The Chargers finally admit that letting your intern create a logo with paint in 5 minutes was maybe not a good idea:

“Clearly, we miscalculated how the logo would be received, and we’ve taken it out of the rotation.â€

A.G. Spanos emphasized that this is the identity of the team. “If we make a mistake, we own it, learn from it, and move on without looking back,†he said.

Spanos said that the team may “take another shot†at an L.A. logo “down the road,†and that the franchise is considering ways to involve the community’s voice in the process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/14/chargers-admit-mistake-ditch-initial-l-a-logo/

My friend called that one as soon as the Chargers to LA was announced this past week.

He said that would get the ball moving in place to send the Raiders to Las Vegas.

The Raiders would have prefered a move to LA obviously but with that no longer an option, Oakland not offering anything and Davis not having the money to build a stadium himself, they really were out of options. I just hope they don't mess with the teams branding. Raider Nation might be willing to forgive moving the Raiders out of Oakland again but if they mess with the shield, there will be riots.

The design for the stadium look great so far:

Las%2520Vegas%2520Stadium%2520-%25201.jpg

Las%2520Vegas%2520Stadium%2520-%25202.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anyone have any action on today's games?

I'd take the 5.5 points with GB and the Over with 52

With less confidence giving 2 points with KC and under 45

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Anyone have any action on today's games?

I'd take the 5.5 points with GB and the Over with 52

With less confidence giving 2 points with KC and under 45

Not touching GB/Dallas as I'm rooting for the Pack but see Dallas winning by controlling the clock.

The night game is a different story. I took all my profit from this week and put it on the Chiefs ML at -120. Really excited for that game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not touching GB/Dallas as I'm rooting for the Pack but see Dallas winning by controlling the clock.

The night game is a different story. I took all my profit from this week and put it on the Chiefs ML at -120. Really excited for that game.[/QUOTE]

I like you're thinking there-good luck.

I'll be rooting for Dallas and KC today.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Thanks, same to you if you take anything.

Both should be awesome games.

Also one thing to note...hasn't every home favorite covered in the playoffs so far??

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Thanks, same to you if you take anything.

Both should be awesome games.

Also one thing to note...hasn't every home favorite covered in the playoffs so far??

Should be, but I predict like every spotlight game - the officials will have a laundry party on the field and half the plays will have flags thrown and kill any/all momentum.

I expect the defenses get abused with imaginary pass interference and holding calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad