2016 AHL All-Star Classic: Gulls' Montour climbing the rungs quickly in NHL quest

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
brandon_montour_san_diego_013116.jpg
Photo: San Diego Gulls defenseman and Anaheim Ducks prospect Brandon Montour is second in the AHL in scoring by a defenseman with 32 points in 39 games (courtesy of Scott Thomas Photography/AHL)

</p>If you look at the hockey world as a ladder, Brandon Montour has quickly been jumping from rung to rung.

In a span of two years the 21-year-old defenseman and Anaheim Ducks prospect has jumped from the United States Hockey League to the NCAA to the American Hockey League.

“I’ve just been playing my game at each level, and that’s been good,†Montour said. “I think a lot can be made about making jumps, like you said, but if you worry about that then you’re worrying about the wrong thing.â€

That mindset has worked well so far and turned him into an AHL All-Star this past weekend in Syracuse, New York.… read more

The post 2016 AHL All-Star Classic: Gulls’ Montour climbing the rungs quickly in NHL quest appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad