2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
People wiser than me say that he has elite defensive potential.

If that is the case, he still needs to produce offense to be a viable bottom-six centre. The threshold is probably ~25 points a year on the third line and ~15 points a year on the 4th line (I'm not sure). If he can achieve that level or performance, or better, than he's golden.

DLR's first season in the NHL he was on pace for 15 pts at 19 year old. I do think he could be around that if he were a regular 4th liner. The good news is that the Habs don't have to rush him to the NHL next year, they can let him continue to work on his offensive game if he doesn't impress at camp. He doesn't turn 22 till next month, so spending more time in the AHL at 22 wouldn't be terrible especially if they have a new coach in Laval.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
DLR's first season in the NHL he was on pace for 15 pts at 19 year old. I do think he could be around that if he were a regular 4th liner. The good news is that the Habs don't have to rush him to the NHL next year, they can let him continue to work on his offensive game if he doesn't impress at camp. He doesn't turn 22 till next month, so spending more time in the AHL at 22 wouldn't be terrible especially if they have a new coach in Laval.

he has to pass thru waivers though, no?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If he has to clear waivers, does that mean he must clear them only if he is in Montreal and is sent down after the season starts, or does it also mean even being assigned to Laval out of camp ( so he starts season in minors ) that he must clear them ?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
If he has to clear waivers, does that mean he must clear them only if he is in Montreal and is sent down after the season starts, or does it also mean even being assigned to Laval out of camp ( so he starts season in minors ) that he must clear them ?

It means anytime he is assigned to laval, including the start of the season.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
yeah so we gonna have quite a few attractive waiver eligible next season

Carr, DLR and Hudon all waiver eligible next year...

I'm not really concerned about Daniel but DLR and Hudon could definitely get claimed.

They will have to keep them around, I wouldn't risk waving them...

pled

Sep 7, 2009

I'm not really concerned about Daniel but DLR and Hudon could definitely get claimed.

even if it's not a bit lost we also have Matteau, Redmond, Hanley, Terry and lowe.

plus some free agent it's gonna be hard to decide the opening 23-man roster

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
even if it's not a bit lost we also have Matteau, Redmond, Hanley, Terry and lowe.

I don't think any of those guys would get claimed...

DirtyMitts

Oct 1, 2016
Montréal, QC, Canada
I hope DLR can turn into a Marcus Kruger type (hope he gets less $$$ though). Good possession player that gets around 75% of his starts in the defensive zone, no pressure to produce offensively.

I've watched 3 or 4 Ice Caps games in the past month or so and DLR seems like a much better skater than he was 1 or 2 years ago. I think that's the main difference. I remember his first season in Montreal as a 19 yo, he looked really slow and had no acceleration.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't think any of those guys would get claimed...

depends on camp we never know what could happen and what staff think

anyway is there anyone that think they should resign any of the ahl contract guy if they are willing to take ahl deal again.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
depends on camp we never know what could happen and what staff think

anyway is there anyone that think they should resign any of the ahl contract guy if they are willing to take ahl deal again.

Well, they already resigned Terry to a one-way contract, Redmond is still under contract.

Maybe they will sign Friberg as he's the captain, Lowe is gone imo.

Matteau and Johnston may get an extension but I wouldn't be surprised if they let them go.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Well, they already resigned Terry to a one-way contract, Redmond is still under contract.

Matteau and Johnston may get an extension but I wouldn't be surprised if they let them go.

Lowe is probably the best of all those player and Friberg is probably going to sweden

and I meant AHL deal like Didier (which should get a NHL deal), Veilleux, Brouillette and Danis

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't see them sending down DLR or Hudon, either they make the team or they try and trade them.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the roster and coaching staff for the new team. while it's impossible to make a roster this time of the year, a very early look,

Terry Jake Evans Scherbak
XXX Audette Carr
Matteau Eisenschmid Grégoire
Broll XXX Addison

Hanley Juulsen
Bourque Redmond
Johnston Lernout
Parisi

Friberg is rumored to be headed back to Sweden.

Lowe is probably the best of all those player and Friberg is probably going to sweden

and I meant AHL deal like Didier (which should get a NHL deal), Veilleux, Brouillette and Danis

I hope Didier is back, maybe Veilleux, doubt Brouillette is and no way is Danis back unless a goalie is traded.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Barring injuries, there's no room on the Habs roster right now. Of the top-9, only Radulov is a UFA and he's coming back or being replaced by UFA or trade.

The 4th line has McCarron, Mitchell, Flynn, King, Martinsen, Ott. Flynn, Ott, King, and Martinsen are UFA, if you assume that none of them comes back that leaves McCarron, Mitchell, the 12th forward and the 13th forward ... but it's ridiculous to assume that none of the four is coming back, and that nobody is being signed.

If they keep 14 forwards they can keep both Hudon and De La Rose.

Unless they sign someone they will have 7D after sending down Redmond considering it's likely Vegas take a D.

They can also send down McCarron or Lehkonen which are waiver exempt until an injury come.

Also, trade may happen anyway and all that is considering they resign 3 of the ufa (Radu, Markov, King probably)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I hope DLR can turn into a Marcus Kruger type (hope he gets less $$$ though). Good possession player that gets around 75% of his starts in the defensive zone, no pressure to produce offensively.

I've watched 3 or 4 Ice Caps games in the past month or so and DLR seems like a much better skater than he was 1 or 2 years ago. I think that's the main difference. I remember his first season in Montreal as a 19 yo, he looked really slow and had no acceleration.

Are we talking about the same DLR ? He's always been a strong skater.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
It will be interesting to see what they do with the roster and coaching staff for the new team. while it's impossible to make a roster this time of the year, a very early look,

XXX Audette Carr

add Reway there be optimistic haha

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If they keep 14 forwards they can keep both Hudon and De La Rose.

Unless they sign someone they will have 7D after sending down Redmond considering it's likely Vegas take a D.

They can also send down McCarron or Lehkonen which are waiver exempt until an injury come.

Also, trade may happen anyway and all that is considering they resign 3 of the ufa (Radu, Markov, King probably)

Pretty sure they would trade Hudon/DLR/Carr for peanuts before demoting Lehkonen. I can't see Lehkonen playing 1 game in Laval except if he has an injury and needs a conditioning stint.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't see them sending down DLR or Hudon, either they make the team or they try and trade them.

Terry Jake Evans Scherbak
XXX Audette Carr
Broll XXX Addison

Hanley Juulsen
Bourque Redmond
Johnston Lernout
Parisi

Friberg is rumored to be headed back to Sweden.

I hope Didier is back, maybe Veilleux, doubt Brouillette is and no way is Danis back unless a goalie is traded.

So you think we will sign Evans ? I would like that !

There's Matt Bradley too. Reway could be ready to come back...

Terry Evans Scherbak
Reway Audette Carr
Broll Bradley Addison

Hanley Juulsen
Bourque Redmond
Johnston Lernout
Parisi

Tyler Boland could be signed by us too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.