2016-2017 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
And yes, I am also not sure why it hasn't been done yet. I know with Josiah Didier, they let his rights expire so they didn't need to sign him to an ELC, but they signed him to an AHL contract (so he can only play ECHL or AHL). Maybe this is the approach they're going for with Bradley? I would think him being a center at 6' and 195lbs with room to grow would be a no brainer. He didn't put up insane numbers, but he put up good ones (77 pts in 70 games (34 goals)). His production went up every season. He also has 9 points in 11 playoff games this year.

but some team with more space might be willing to sign him to a nhl contract so its a gamble

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah my bad. Thought it was well written but clearly wasn't. And yeah, Bradley wasn't my favorite prospect at the last dev. camp, though Addison looked much better....but a dev. camp is just that. A dev. camp showed year after year how Ryan White was limited and how Juraj Mikus and Sebastien Collberg had great talents...guess who is playing in the NHL right now....So, Bradley would be a guy I would target as a UFA....we have him. Why not? Are we so limited in our 50-contract limit?

You did write it properly. You had two separate paragraphs so it was me who got my wires crossed.

but some team with more space might be willing to sign him to a nhl contract so its a gamble

According to Cap Friendly, at this moment, they have 35 contracts committed to next year. With extensions to Galchenyuk, Radulov, and Markov (and maybe Beaulieu if not traded), they will have 39/50. They would have another 11 spots and I'm sure they'd have 1 to give Bradley.

Edit: not to be forgotten are Hudon, De La Rose, and Lindgren. So they'd have 42/50 contracts. Even if they give Bradley an ELC after all that, they'd still have another 7 contracts before they reach the 50 limit.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
You did write it properly. You had two separate paragraphs so it was me who got my wires crossed.

According to Cap Friendly, at this moment, they have 35 contracts committed to next year. With extensions to Galchenyuk, Radulov, and Markov (and maybe Beaulieu if not traded), they will have 39/50. They would have another 11 spots and I'm sure they'd have 1 to give Bradley.

Edit: not to be forgotten are Hudon, De La Rose, and Lindgren. So they'd have 42/50 contracts. Even if they give Bradley an ELC after all that, they'd still have another 7 contracts before they reach the 50 limit.

evans, foo, one or 2 ufa maybe sergashev maybe hanley, lowe and nesterov they aren't in a hurry to use those slot

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Habs player with a Cup...:D

n1TT1V3.jpg

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
When people tell you that it,s better to see things live than on TV....well yes and no. What we saw at the end of the game live....yuo didn't have to see it on TV.....Bourque was celebrating with his friends on the ice, everything was rosy, and then he said one minute...went to the garbage can near the ice and just started barfing.....Was with my little girl trying to get pictures and that happened....she kinda wanted to stay to ask him if he was alright....told him might not be the best of timing...

Pure dehydration case....clearly.

On the game itself, kid is solid. What will always remain to be seen in his offensive potential....And I hope he could work on his footspeed/agility. To his defense, was playing often with Chabot and poor guy can't be compared to this freakin stud. Great goal by Bourque too though Armada kinda gave up at one point. They look so overmatched. What a freakin hockey machine St.John was. And this without Gauthier....imagine that.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't think people are expecting much of an offensive game out of Bourque at the next level. Smart, reliable defensive play will be his main asset.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs player with a Cup...:D

n1TT1V3.jpg

Good stuff WS. Very nice view, as well. Although in arenas like the CHL ones, it's rare you get a bad view, really. Even the high seats is close to the ice.

I'm a big fan of this kid. I do see him making the NHL, though in a 3rd pairing role. Kind of like a Jordie Benn type who plays a smart and safe game, has a good first pass out of the zone and will pepper some offensive contribution here and there. At least this is how I see it.

I really can't wait to see him in Laval next year. He and Juulsen. :yo:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Good stuff WS. Very nice view, as well. Although in arenas like the CHL ones, it's rare you get a bad view, really. Even the high seats is close to the ice.

I'm a big fan of this kid. I do see him making the NHL, though in a 3rd pairing role. Kind of like a Jordie Benn type who plays a smart and safe game, has a good first pass out of the zone and will pepper some offensive contribution here and there. At least this is how I see it.

There are no bad seats in this arena. Well almost. I was center ice row K which is the 3rd row from the top....and it's an awesome view. Always prefer to be higher.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Always got the impression Bourque was kind of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none kind of prospect. Would be damn great if he could develop into something similar to Benn.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Always got the impression Bourque was kind of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none kind of prospect. Would be damn great if he could develop into something similar to Benn.

he has more all around skill then benn. benn is the literal master of none forever he is the only player in nhl right now that didn't go to europe,ncaa or chl. he just never did bad for many year but never incridible. Bourque will way better than that if he reach his potential

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I think Bourque could be a very reliable player for us. He seems to get overshadowed by our other D prospects like Sergachev, Mete, and Juulsen. Bourque is pretty good. And he continues to improve every year.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
At this point, Bourque is nothing more than a Ellis or Dietz. He has to improve to be more than that. So it,s not really about what he's showing. It's about how he is able to develop. The basis is there. But there are ways to go.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
At this point, Bourque is nothing more than a Ellis or Dietz. He has to improve to be more than that. So it,s not really about what he's showing. It's about how he is able to develop. The basis is there. But there are ways to go.

I get the impression I'm one of the few who actually liked Dietz last season when he was called-up... would have prefered him to Zach 'Who?' Redmond, even if I didn't see anything more than a 6-7-8th.

As for Bourque, I think he's a step above both of them, more all-around potential than Dietz and Ellis was always hurt.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I think saying that bourque has potential, but needs to now show he can play and continue to improve at the AHL level is more than fair.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I get the impression I'm one of the few who actually liked Dietz last season when he was called-up... would have prefered him to Zach 'Who?' Redmond, even if I didn't see anything more than a 6-7-8th.

As for Bourque, I think he's a step above both of them, more all-around potential than Dietz and Ellis was always hurt.

I loved Dietz. 5 points in 13 games and -1 on that dumpster fire team was pretty good. And he played better than his stats.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So I'm guessing that Evans is going back to the NCAA

Still early, no talk about any of Notre Dame's players leaving early so far from what I have read and I got to think at least one or two are going that route.

It's tough to compare them although Ellis put up around the same career numbers as Bourque (.52 ppg vs .6) and Dietz didn't play in the dub as a 16 year old (can't remember if it was injury as that's what I recall but could be wrong) but he put up decent numbers not far from Bourque's.

With Dietz it was the skating and speed that hampered him in the AHL. Ellis was handled poorly imo as the guy did nothing in the AHL until his 3rd pro season when he was sent to the ECHL and starting banging them in left and right. So for now we just need to how he adjusts to the pro game next year. I think that the better skating/speed/mobility will help him more compared with Ellis/Dietz who weren't at his level. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes for him in Laval next year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McNiven named to the 1st Team All-Stars in the OHL. Sergachev named on the 2nd Team All-Stars.

Also of note on the 2nd team with Sergachev is Petrus Palmu as well as a Nick Suzuki who I doubt will be available when Habs select 25th, but I wish they can draft him.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
McNiven named to the 1st Team All-Stars in the OHL. Sergachev named on the 2nd Team All-Stars.

Also of note on the 2nd team with Sergachev is Petrus Palmu as well as a Nick Suzuki who I doubt will be available when Habs select 25th, but I wish they can draft him.

damn I wish both would be montreal's after the draft but palmu already signed in finland

Last edited:

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
damn I wish both would be montreal's after the draft but palmu already signed in finland

I don't see why they can't draft him anyways. If anything, they should be more apt to try and sign him, knowing he'll be playing pro away from Lefebvre.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
[Tweet] 868497581260890112 [/MEDIA]

Time to trade Price boys! :sarcasm:

But seriously, it seems that the Habs have always been good in getting amazing goaltenders. Feels pretty good to have the best goalie in the world with Lingdren and McNiven also in the pipes.

Edit: With McNiven turning pro next year, where do you think he'll be playing? I'm assuming Montoya will keep his role as backup, which means Lingdren will be our starter for the AHL. Does Fucale come back up in the AHL and we send down McNiven to the ECHL? I'd rather give more games to McNiven.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad