2016-17 Season Ticket Cost

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
You realize there is intense pressure from the league to increase revenue don't you? Why would you exoect anything less, especially with a falling dollar? Or do you still have a few naive bones in your body?

Yes, I am sure that Chipman et al were all set to freeze prices until Gary phoned him and demanded a maximum ticket price increase to help 2016-17 league revenues grow by $1.3m in a $4b league or 0.000393%. :shakehead

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Can't say I'm surprised by this. Disappointed? Sure, no question given the season we're currently enduring.

Also not in a math mood really so going to ask:

This is for a 44 game season as I understand what my contract agreement said (for this year only). So my price went up but the number of games went down by one regular season game. I know why, but the Heritage Classic is an additional cost that I can opt in or out for. So doesn't the increase actually exceed the 3% allowed by the contract given the number of games went down?

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Can't say I'm surprised by this. Disappointed? Sure, no question given the season we're currently enduring.

Also not in a math mood really so going to ask:

This is for a 44 game season as I understand what my contract agreement said (for this year only). So my price went up but the number of games went down by one regular season game. I know why, but the Heritage Classic is an additional cost that I can opt in or out for. So doesn't the increase actually exceed the 3% allowed by the contract given the number of games went down?

Nope it's based on the number of games - the 3% is an increase on the price per game multiplied out.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Nope it's based on the number of games - the 3% is an increase on the price per game multiplied out.

Yes, I believe this is right. From yesterday's email:

"This year, your invoice will be based on a 44 game season (4 pre-season games and 40 regular season games) due to one regular season game being played as part of the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classicâ„¢."

So this implies that last year's invoice was based on a 45 game season.

For 2 x P3 seats I think this means the fee is only going up $66.53 total this season (instead of $280.66 if there were 45 home games).

There'll be a big jump next year when it's back to 45 games though...

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I wonder what the reaction would have been if they had added the extra cost of the outdoor game ticket in the regular season ticket package:eek:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I wonder what the reaction would have been if they had added the extra cost of the outdoor game ticket in the regular season ticket package:eek:

Something like this.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...ing-flyers-over-winter-classic-180733015.html

The Jets did what was right. If you want to go you get first crack at buying tickets, but you don't have to buy. Including the outdoor game at the regular STH price would have been fine, but forcing the STH to buy the outdoor game at a greatly inflated price would have gotten the Jets sued.

teeks643

Feb 2, 2010
I'm a bit late to the game with the Season Ticket Survey, as I didn't realize we had that opportunity, but I am still adamant about the fact that after our first commitment (or at the very least, after the current second one), the agreement should be on a year-to-year basis. We have put in our time as season ticket holders and held up our side of the agreement. Like any other franchise, now the Jets need to earn their Season Ticket holders, and it should be a yearly decision.

I don't see myself giving up my tickets any time soon, BUT, by far the biggest reason why I feel them having us sign continuous multi-year agreements is unfair is because we should be getting our initial deposits back. It's a decent chunk of change, and it is completely unfair for them just to be holding that money.

The purpose of the deposit was so that if we ditched on our agreement in the midst of it, they would keep the deposit. Now that we've put in our time we should get that money back - even if it's just applied to our next year of season tickets I'm fine with that.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I'm a bit late to the game with the Season Ticket Survey, as I didn't realize we had that opportunity, but I am still adamant about the fact that after our first commitment (or at the very least, after the current second one), the agreement should be on a year-to-year basis. We have put in our time as season ticket holders and held up our side of the agreement. Like any other franchise, now the Jets need to earn their Season Ticket holders, and it should be a yearly decision.

I don't see myself giving up my tickets any time soon, BUT, by far the biggest reason why I feel them having us sign continuous multi-year agreements is unfair is because we should be getting our initial deposits back. It's a decent chunk of change, and it is completely unfair for them just to be holding that money.

The purpose of the deposit was so that if we ditched on our agreement in the midst of it, they would keep the deposit. Now that we've put in our time we should get that money back - even if it's just applied to our next year of season tickets I'm fine with that.

At the very least give interest payments on it. But I don't see anything changing as long as they have people on the wait list. Once that dissipates they'll have to make changes to appease the season seat holders, until then there's always someone else to take your seat if you don't want it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad