Post-Game Talk: 2016-17 New York Rangers (48-28-6 // 6-6) (OTT wins the series 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
I don't see how Kreider will learn from his experience of only showing up for the final 20 minutes of a playoff run. He's a lost cause.

He has been getting better every season, and he has in the past been a force for us in the playoffs. Just because he has a mediocre playoffs this year, doesn't mean he can't learn from being leaned on and not producing. He took the year before to heart, and made strides this year. No reason to believe he can't do the same next.

I know every one is angry that we lost, but who had us going past the second round at the beginning of the season? I said first round exit.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Speaking of the powerplay, whatever happened to using the man in the high slot as a puck distributor?

We take 45-60 seconds off most PP by losing the faceoffs and not even being able to re-enter the offensive zone.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Disheartening. Ottawa is not a good team. They just arent. Kudos to them winning with basically 4 defensemen and 3 forward lines.

They can apply special thanks to the following:

AV
Marc Staal
Nick Holden
The Power Play.

Consolation to:

Kevin Hayes
JT Miller
Derek Stepan

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
that article was great. it also made me think about how good this team would have been with Yandle and Stralman in place of Girardi and Staal. now im going to go vomit.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
What a way to implode. Congrats on a job well done. :clap: ****ing idiots.

AV getting ****canned would be glorius.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
that article was great. it also made me think about how good this team would have been with Yandle and Stralman in place of Girardi and Staal. now im going to go vomit.

That's just a horrifying downgrade in defensive personnel.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I stopped reading when the guy said that they could've won this series anyway, without their offensive pillars being present. They didn't need goals and assists from those 4 players, it's true. They did need some control of the play. They didn't get it. You don't win a playoff series without your best players playing well, off the scoresheet.

I agree with you in theory, but it's true we could have won this series anyway. We lost 2 games we should have won. Simple.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zuke has played 110 games the last 12 months, impressive indeed..

That is a lot. Kind of surprised he was one of our guys that hustled the most after all those games. Hope he takes at least 2 weeks off to just heal. He fought through a physical beating vs the Habs.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
That is a lot. Kind of surprised he was one of our guys that hustled the most after all those games. Hope he takes at least 2 weeks off to just heal. He fought through a physical beating vs the Habs.

Zook definitely needs a break this summer to recharge the batteries. He's played a ton of hockey lately.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

he's the heart and soul of this otherwise lifeless bunch of dancers and posers.

the day we move him will be a sad day indeed.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
Quite upset with this. Maybe it's because of rose tinted glasses, but I think the team played better hockey for the larger part of the series. Some of these games shouldn't have been lost. I don't think the sens are better. But it is what it is, and if you have debacles and **** the bed numerous times you can't expect to win.

Not pleased with the performance of the roster either. Guys just turn into ghosts, it's appalling to see. I remember when Kreider was red hot earlier in the season and the "where are all the people asking for his trade last season??" comments were rolling in. It simply doesn't cut it to deliver for a quarter of a season. Same goes for Hayes, Miller and Stepan. Do these guys just not give a ****?

I wouldn't be sad to see Holden and Staal sent packing. Straight up painful to watch their play from time to time. Smith has been a good add but last night.. Also, bid farewell to Arniel. Don't have much confidence in AV anymore either, after seeing the guys come out about as excited as dads at their kids' yard sale. Embarrasing.

Congrats sens.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Step is fine. He's had a bad playoff series that will hopefully push him harder to become faster and more skillful with the way he uses open ice. Hopefully Mika continues to trend upward and take over the 1C spot next season. That way, no one will complain about Stepan being a 2C offensively.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Step is fine. He's had a bad playoff series that will hopefully push him harder to become faster and more skillful with the way he uses open ice.

He absolutely needs to play with more speed and grit. Didn't really see much of anything from him in these playoff series.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I stopped reading when the guy said that they could've won this series anyway, without their offensive pillars being present. They didn't need goals and assists from those 4 players, it's true. They did need some control of the play. They didn't get it. You don't win a playoff series without your best players playing well, off the scoresheet.

You needed to hold on to a lead in hockey, for I don't know 4 minutes over two games?

Like saying you need a single 2 inning save from a closer.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
id take kovalchuk for free...but i wouldnt send assets to get him.

i think hes a solid piece but he wont dominate. hes gonna want 7M a year for 2-3 years. no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad