League News: 2016-17 General NHL Fan Talk - Free Agency Fallout (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Although, GMBM has worked well into the night with some other FA signings and trades

true and from first page

Boedker, Doan, Vrbata, Cullen, Fleischmann, Eaves, Hudler, Purcell, White, Gagner, Parenteau, Boyes, Martin, Pirri, B. Richards, Tanguay, Riley Nash, Versteeg, Vanek, Higgins, Korpikoski, Seidenberg, Wisniewski, Jackman, Jordan, Justin Schultz, Grossmann, Zidlicky, Quincey, L. Schenn, Polak, Gryba, Russell, Demers, Ehrhoff, Enroth, Scrivens, Lindback.

maybe take out a few that have signed but there is a lot left and prices will come down

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011

ahl players

I'm bored, so here's what a few minutes on google turns up about these guys.

Christian Thomas - 24 year old drafted 40th overall by the Rangers in 2010. Small, speedy winger with a 10-11-21 line in 34 AHL games and 3 points in 27 NHL games.

Darren Dietz - 22 year old drafted in the 5th round by the Canadiens in 2011. Supposedly a PMD, but only put up 16 points in 61 AHL games last season. Had 5 points in 13 games with the Habs this year.

Joe Cannata - 26 year old drafted in the 6th round in 2009. Posted a 2.52 GAA and a .909 sv% in 40 games in the AHL last season.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I'm bored, so here's what a few minutes on google turns up about these guys.

Christian Thomas - 24 year old drafted 40th overall by the Rangers in 2010. Small, speedy winger with a 10-11-21 line in 34 AHL games and 3 points in 27 NHL games.

Darren Dietz - 22 year old drafted in the 5th round by the Canadiens in 2011. Supposedly a PMD, but only put up 16 points in 61 AHL games last season. Had 5 points in 13 games with the Habs this year.

Joe Cannata - 26 year old drafted in the 6th round in 2009. Posted a 2.52 GAA and a .909 sv% in 40 games in the AHL last season.

Thanks for this. Seems like good AHL moves for sure.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Teddy Purcell just went for 1 year, $1.6M. The bargains are still out there, hope the Caps try to sign one more.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Nothing really interesting this UFA and I'm fine with what the Caps did. The Devils really have improved and still can't believe they got Hall. As a Oilers fan too, I'm going to miss him on that team. I have supported Chimera from his rookie season and just hope he doesn't turn it up against us with the Isles. I hate seeing former players play for rival teams. The defense needs work still.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It seems like Russell is holding up the secondary D market and the eventual trade market for D.

I'm a bit surprised they went with Cannata with the likes of Scrivens, Lindback, Aittokallio and Leighton still available. The Dietz signing is decent enough and I take it he'll replace Burgdoerfer. Hershey could use a quality center for sure.

Forward options are quickly dwindling. Top nine options include: Hudler, Cullen, Versteeg, Tanguay, Gagner, Parenteau, Elias and Vrbata. Depth/PKer vets include Moore, Gaustad, Korpikoski and Kelly. Connolly likely makes Pirri a redundant option. Hard to say if they'd dip into the depth D pool or not. There might be some value there, though.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It seems like Russell is holding up the secondary D market and the eventual trade market for D.

I'm a bit surprised they went with Cannata with the likes of Scrivens, Lindback, Aittokallio and Leighton still available. The Dietz signing is decent enough and I take it he'll replace Burgdoerfer. Hershey could use a quality center for sure.

Forward options are quickly dwindling. Top nine options include: Hudler, Cullen, Versteeg, Tanguay, Gagner, Parenteau, Elias and Vrbata. Depth/PKer vets include Moore, Gaustad, Korpikoski and Kelly. Connolly likely makes Pirri a redundant option. Hard to say if they'd dip into the depth D pool or not. There might be some value there, though.

I'm not a betting man but since there are a lot of depth forwards left, I think they can afford to wait for prices to come down since there are a lot. Of course they can be burned by that gamble too

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Boedker for 4 yrs and 4 mil/year is a STEAL. I'd rather have him than Mojo...

It only looks like a steal because Boedker's overrated. His points come from being force-fed first line minutes and PP time. That's a fair deal, maybe a slight overpay for a one dimensional winger who should probably be on a 3rd line.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Who other than Justin Williams did the Caps sign at this time last year?

GMBM made just as big a splash if not bigger when he made the Oshie trade, which came out of no where. He still has time.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Who other than Justin Williams did the Caps sign at this time last year?

GMBM made just as big a splash if not bigger when he made the Oshie trade, which came out of no where. He still has time.

I hope you are right

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I thought Stanton was supposed to be the chosen 7

Maybe. it didnt work out that way. Orpik didnt start the season because of the injury rehab. Chorney played the first few games and Stanton was sent to Hershey thru waivers before the season started.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Sounds like he could be had for cheap based on the Switzerland comment. Hopefully the Caps agree and take action.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
I thought Stanton was supposed to be the chosen 7

I think people thought Stanton would win the 7 spot based on him being Vancouver's 6 the year before, but Chorney got a 1-way contract while Stanton settled for a 2-way, so the Caps probably saw Chorney as the 7.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Sounds like he is gonna have a bidding war. Caps need to wait for his price to come down

Just a tad over 8 mil left in the cupboard and they still need to sign MOJO and Orlov. Projecting MOJO tops out at 4.5 and Orlov at 2.5 will leave 1 for Versteeg. Not sure that will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad