Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 5 GOALIES, #2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This year we are splitting the polls into a top 20 for skaters, and a top 5 for goalies. This is the second poll for GOALIES.

1. Stolarz, Anthony (75%)

Fedotov, Ivan
Hart, Carter
Lyon, Alex
Madsen, Merrick
Sandstrom, Felix
Tomek, Matej

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Sandstrom vs Hart is a brutal decision. Both of them are such good prospects.

I think the Flyers must have absolutely loved Hart to take him 1st goalie off the board with the depth we already have. So I will trust there judgement and my vote will go to Hart. Plus his interviews are incredibly impressive. It feels dirty having Sandstrom 3rd, though.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Between Hart and Lyon for me. Havent seen much of Sandstrom. Hart looks like he has #1 potential and Lyon seems like he could also reach that from reading other's opinions on him but will probably settle in as a good backup. Voted Hart.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hart sounds promising but he's too far off for me to consider him. I feel like most of these guys have starter potential, but goalies are just too hard to predict.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think the Flyers must have absolutely loved Hart to take him 1st goalie off the board with the depth we already have.
This is pretty much how I see it.

Sandstrom has a pretty impressive resume for a 19 year old goalie though and I have a good feeling about him.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Sandstrom definitely gives you that "next great Swedish goalie" vibe. Hard for me to shake it. :laugh:

More objectively, I picked him because he's had success in the SHL at 19 years old. Same reason I voted for Stolarz-- goalies are crapshoots and so much changes from year to year that I have to go with the guy who's proving it at the highest level.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
This was a crazy tough decision. I was wrong, In the end I think it was a smart decision to split up the goalies from players.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sandstrom vs Hart is a brutal decision. Both of them are such good prospects.

I think the Flyers must have absolutely loved Hart to take him 1st goalie off the board with the depth we already have. So I will trust there judgement and my vote will go to Hart. Plus his interviews are incredibly impressive. It feels dirty having Sandstrom 3rd, though.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. First-world problems though, and we haven't had those before with our prospects, probably ever.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Sandstrom definitely gives you that "next great Swedish goalie" vibe. Hard for me to shake it. :laugh:

More objectively, I picked him because he's had success in the SHL at 19 years old. Same reason I voted for Stolarz-- goalies are crapshoots and so much changes from year to year that I have to go with the guy who's proving it at the highest level.

This was my thinking also.

Guys, we have a very nice goalie pipeline, we COULD find a true franchise goalie out of this group. We all know that we do herewith drafting forwards so it's beautiful but strangely odd to have such a deep and strong defensive pool but man, to have a potential franchise goalie in the mix??? Makes me giddy. The last time we had talent like that in goal was when Hextall was a rookie and before that was Lindberg. Man I'm going to be beside myself if that happens

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Pretty tough choice between Lyon, Hart, and Sandstrom. Don't know as much about Lyon as the other two and I'm impressed by what Sandstrom has done at his age in the SHL. So that was the tie-breaker I guess.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Sandstorm. Outside of Stolie he has accomplished the most at the highest level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad