Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #9

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Starting to get tougher making a choice here. I think NAK is the best left, but I am surprised no one mentioned Leier; I feel like he has a good chance of being a solid third liner.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Starting to get tougher making a choice here. I think NAK is the best left, but I am surprised no one mentioned Leier; I feel like he has a good chance of being a solid third liner.

Probably due to competition.

With Jake, Simmonds, Schenn, Konecny, Lindblom, Weise being top 3 line wingers....then add in NAK and Raffl. Then Laughton. And we still have Read for 2 years.

We are building up enough depth that we could see a 2-1 deal.

And with this depth, it's also why I was surprised we added Weise for 4 years. Our real need is the #3 C spot....not a 3rd line winger.

But at least with this depth, we have options and expansion won't hurt us as we have the depth to lose a forward.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Probably due to competition.
And with this depth, it's also why I was surprised we added Weise for 4 years. Our real need is the #3 C spot....not a 3rd line winger.

I worry about the length of this deal as well but hopefully it fills the gap in forward depth in the time period.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I worry about the length of this deal as well but hopefully it fills the gap in forward depth in the time period.

Yeah...reality is that with this much depth, some guys are not going to play for us or get moved. We have the depth, just need 1/2 to get to the next level to be top 6 players. And of course, Konecny is the biggest hope.

And then with the next wave of guys just drafted, we have a good pipeline of forwards now but it's mostly on wing. If we were to make a trade for a legit #3 C I would not be surprised. In fact, it could be our biggest need unless Cousins takes the next step.

But in 2 years, we could have all these wingers pushing guys like Weise out as well. But that's good as we replace them with younger, cheaper guys and then flip them for picks to keep the pipeline ongoing.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Leier is closer to a 4th liner than a 3rd liner imo. The guys voted ahead of him so far project to be better offensive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad