Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Went with NAK last time. Going again. Like his goal totals at a time when we need bigger number there.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Aube-Kubel is the last of this tier for me. The next guys have lower floors, more question marks, or both.

Last edited:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Hagg's slide is more to the talent the Flyers are bringing in than his potential as a player. But still, he needs to step up his game and be more consistent.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I know Hagg had a bad season but has he really fallen that far off a cliff?

His ceiling was never higher than a second pairing d, and get looks a little optimistic at the point. He might still be an NHL player, but I'd be a little surprised if he's more than a third pairing guy.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Allison got my vote. His scouting reports are all over the map but some are really, really high on him. I'll give him credit for dominating a championship playoff run, which I'm not sure anyone left on the board is capable of.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I know Hagg had a bad season but has he really fallen that far off a cliff?

Hagg is losing to NAK....who was also a 2nd rounder and has had 2 good years since being drafted.

Hagg is just being passed by better players.

Plus, after this poll is done, only 3 guys drafted after Hagg will have passed him: Lindblom, Myers and NAK. Everyone else is expected to be better if you look at draft position with 5 being 1st rounders.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voted for Aube-Kubel. The deciding factor between NAK and Allison was the former's floor.

Pretty much, if Allison doesn't become a 30 goal scorer, not sure he skates well enough for other roles, AK could probably play anywhere from the 2nd to 4th lines.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Going with Allison. Was between NAK, Hagg and him.

Allison seems to have the best chance at being a 1st line player, albeit in a more complimentary role ala Mike Knuble rather than driving play. I see NAK as most likely ending up as a 3rd liner but has an outside chance at being a Matt Read-esque 2nd liner that can pot 20 goals-20 assists. Hagg has an outside chance at being a #4 but is likely a bottom pairing defender.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pretty much, if Allison doesn't become a 30 goal scorer, not sure he skates well enough for other roles, AK could probably play anywhere from the 2nd to 4th lines.
Simmonds just scored 30 goals this year. Would you have taken Matt Read over him before this season?

30 goals is a lot in today's league. There were less than 30 in the league last year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Yeah 30 is a stretch. If he can be a 20-20 guy as a complimentary winger then he's worth it. He could potentially be a Simmonds replacement when his contract expires if his game tails off and he isn't extended or leaves for a rich UFA contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad