Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks, I took him out.

I don't expect any more "First" posts after what happened last time. :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Leberge or NAK, IMO.

I'm having a hard time picking between them. Laberge was ranked higher going into his draft and was drafted higher than NAK, but NAK has two straight 38 goal seasons in Junior and looked lively in his short AHL stint.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I went with NAK because he seems like he could be a very good complimentary on this team. Laberge I think has the potential to be a more complete player, but I think if both reach their potential NAK will have a bigger impact.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Went Friedman, he's had some good seasons and the reviews every year seem to be super positive.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
If NAK can put up a stellar season in Lehigh Valley then that really will make me excited. He's right on the cusp of possibly taking that next step so this year should be fun to follow

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I went with NAK because he seems like he could be a very good complimentary on this team. Laberge I think has the potential to be a more complete player, but I think if both reach their potential NAK will have a bigger impact.

I think the exact opposite. :laugh:

I think NAK has the potential to be a more complete two-way player, but if he reaches his ceiling Laberge should have a bigger impact.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think the exact opposite. :laugh:

I think NAK has the potential to be a more complete two-way player, but if he reaches his ceiling Laberge should have a bigger impact.

Maybe I'm ill-informed (wouldn't be the first time), but I thought NAK's game was more goal scoring and Laberge's game was more two-way?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Maybe I'm ill-informed (wouldn't be the first time), but I thought NAK's game was more goal scoring and Laberge's game was more two-way?

NAK can score, but his impact is going to come in other areas areas as well- kind of like a Matt Read type. Laberge needs to round out his game but he is highly skilled. He has higher offensive upside than NAK imo.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
NAK can score, but his impact is going to come in other areas areas as well- kind of like a Matt Read type. Laberge needs to round out his game but he is highly skilled. He has higher offensive upside than NAK imo.

Interesting. Perhaps I've voted incorrectly. I kind of thought these two guys skill sets were swapped.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

That was sort of my understanding. Leberge is a bit more about projection.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I keep almost forgetting that Laberge somehow fell so nicely to us after the Rubtsov trade... though tbh there was always going to be a nice forward there... but doubted Laberge would have been.

I thought he was going to go by ~#25 overall.

I take Laberge by a nose here... NAK is safer with a higher floor, and could be a very good ~45 point two-way winger capable of being a 2nd liner... but Laberge has the skill-set to be a 1st line, ~60 point guy.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
NAK.

NAK and Laberge are comparable, but NAK has a bigger body of work to look at, which puts him slightly ahead.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
^
Yeah same with me, laberge, NAK, Friedman. Not the biggest Allison fan, but he'd probably be the top guy after that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Went with Laberge but actually considered Allison rather than NAK. His tools stand out amongst our forward prospect pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad