Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #3

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Got to be Kony here! I was big fan of his even before we drafted him. It was incredible that we were able to steal him at #24. My favourite pre-draft player, drafted to my favourite team. What are the odds of this happening? :laugh:

I watched him in person at 2014 Ivan Hlinka tournament, scored 5 goals in 5 games, remember I was like "imagine if we could draft this kid, that would be something... Yeah not happening". It was such a joy to watch him. Nearly on every shift, it looked like he has much more energy and power than anyone else on the ice. You knew something is going to happen.

I couldn't believe that we really drafted him, back then in 2014, I thought he's lock to be top 10 pick alongside with Barzal. He's got it all. I will be incredibly disappointed if he's not top 6 player in the NHL at some point, heck even 1st line player.

I should go back to profil pic. with Konecny and also need to go watch some highlights.

this is how i felt every time ive watched him...

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
BTW. I've found these a hell of a lot more fun now that we actually have prospects to discuss.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Thought about Rubtsov due to the premium position, but Konecny's proximity to the NHL and edge in skill won out for me.

Love Morin and Myers but Gostisbehere, Provorov, and Sanheim reduce their value internally imo.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Travis #2 at #3 for me. Konecny is a difference-maker and is going to have us jumping out of our seats time and again, I'm sure of it. He's our type of player, our type of guy, and he is going to fit our sweater to perfection.

I'm not very optimistic about this, but I'm hoping that the league is more successful going forward in eliminating headshots than they have been so far. We don't need idiots going after Konecny.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I look at Logan Stanley and compare him to Myers, and I would have a hard time thinking a GM would take Stanley.

Well done Hextall

Yeah I can't objectively see how Stanley is even close to a better prospect than Myers. Cholowski also went top 20 after Stanley. So he may be better than Cholowski as well, but I've never seen him.

I would think he'd be somewhere in the tier with Fabbro, Chychrun, McAvoy, and Bean. Rank would probably vary greatly by team.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I think I'm going:

4) Rubtsov
5) Morin
6) Myers

Need to think after that.

That's the next 3 for me too, but Morin and Myers is a toss up. I think the TOP4 guys are on another level when it comes to their potential. Rubtsov has a true 2C potential imo. Yet the other two behind are great prospects too.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Tough choice. I voted for Morin because i feel his impact will not only be unique to the team, but unique to the league. That size, strength, and ability paired with his competitiveness and meanness is something to be feared and admired.

Konecny is also one of my favorite prospects, I think he's gonna be a potential game breaker. But Morin is gonna be a monster and I cannot wait.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Going Konecny here and Rubstov next. I'm fine being lower on Morin than most and will personally enjoy any crow that results from that stance.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Konecny was the easy choice here for me.

Why are people so suddenly low on Morin? Aside from Provorov, he's the most NHL ready prospect in the system and has a very high ceiling.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I'm very high and very excited about Morin, but I'm picking Konecny at 3 (and 2) and Rubtsov at 4. Morin will be 5 for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad