Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #3

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This year we are splitting the polls into a top 20 for skaters, and a top 5 for goalies. This is the third poll for SKATERS.

1. Provorov, Ivan (88%)
2. Sanheim, Travis (75%)

Alt, Mark
Allison, Wade
Amorosa, Terrance
Aube-Kubel, Nicolas
Bardreau, Cole
Bernhardt, David
Bunnaman, Connor
Dove-McFalls, Samuel
Drake, David
Fazleev, Radel
Friedman, Mark
Goulbourne, Tyrell
Hagg, Robert
Hogberg, Linus
Kase, David
Konecny, Travis
Laberge, Pascal
Laczynski, Tanner
Leier, Taylor
Lindblom, Oskar
Martel, Danick
Marody, Cooper
Morin, Sam
Myers, Phil
Pettersson, Jesper
Rubtsov, German
Salinitri, Anthony
Straka, Petr
Twarynski, Carson
Vorobyov, Mikhail
Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Konecny but this one took a few minutes. I think Morin ceiling is way higher, but I personally havent watched him at "his best" yet. That Konecny WJC performance in combination with some on his Sarnia games I caught on TV were top notch.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Got to be Kony here! I was big fan of his even before we drafted him. It was incredible that we were able to steal him at #24. My favourite pre-draft player, drafted to my favourite team. What are the odds of this happening? :laugh:

I watched him in person at 2014 Ivan Hlinka tournament, scored 5 goals in 5 games, remember I was like "imagine if we could draft this kid, that would be something... Yeah not happening". It was such a joy to watch him. Nearly on every shift, it looked like he has much more energy and power than anyone else on the ice. You knew something is going to happen.

I couldn't believe that we really drafted him, back then in 2014, I thought he's lock to be top 10 pick alongside with Barzal. He's got it all. I will be incredibly disappointed if he's not top 6 player in the NHL at some point, heck even 1st line player.

I should go back to profil pic. with Konecny and also need to go watch some highlights.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Gotta go with Konecny here. He is the most talented forward we have had in our prospect pool since Giroux or maybe JVR.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I like Konecny, but his injury concerns are enough that I can't consider ranking him 3rd. We have other high-end prospects I honestly like just as much.

I thought hard about going Rubtsov, and maybe would have if I had more viewings on him.

My vote went to Philippe Myers. He's a rare animal. Finding right-handed defensemen with his skill set, size, and upside is pretty tough.

Right-handed defensemen are the scarcest commodity in the league, let alone one like him. He really has close to everything you could possibly ask for in a big, gangly, kid defense prospect. Myers just needs time to fill out and polish up. I truly believe he would have gone top 20 in the NHL draft a couple weeks ago if the Flyers wouldn't have snapped him up in free agency.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Are we doing just 24 hours per slot? A longer window might let a bit more discussion unfold.

Considering the vote percentage for both Provorov and Sanheim it would seem unlikely that any other prospect would overtake them. As we move along I guess threads will be open longer.

With that said, Konecny.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think it's a clear top three, however you want to rank Provorov, Konecny, and Sanheim. Since Konecny is the one left, he gets the vote. Gotta think he'll get about 90%.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Considering the vote percentage for both Provorov and Sanheim it would seem unlikely that any other prospect would overtake them. As we move along I guess threads will be open longer.

With that said, Konecny.
There's no doubt that's true, and Provorov and Sanheim were always going to be 1-2. However, the subsequent discussion often informs the next poll, since people tend to vote and then post. I think two days is reasonable. Well still get through the list before the end of August.

As for this, I'm not sure. If you think Konecny projects to be a 2RW, then it's not that hard to slot him below Morin or Myers if you think they are 2nd pairing D. If you think he has first line upside, he's probably the easy pick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I like Konecny, but his injury concerns are enough that I can't consider ranking him 3rd. We have other high-end prospects I honestly like just as much.

I thought hard about going Rubtsov, and maybe would have if I had more viewings on him.

My vote went to Philippe Myers. He's a rare animal. Finding right-handed defensemen with his skill set, size, and upside is pretty tough.

Right-handed defensemen are the scarcest commodity in the league, let alone one like him. He really has close to everything you could possibly ask for in a big, gangly, kid defense prospect. Myers just needs time to fill out and polish up. I truly believe he would have gone top 20 in the NHL draft a couple weeks ago if the Flyers wouldn't have snapped him up in free agency.

I look at Logan Stanley and compare him to Myers, and I would have a hard time thinking a GM would take Stanley.

Well done Hextall

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Are we doing just 24 hours per slot? A longer window might let a bit more discussion unfold.

I give each poll a 4 day time limit, but when the winner is clear I will move on to the next poll in a day or two. Unless there is a debate raging, which there didn't seem to be in the SKATER #2 thread.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
People are really gonna disagree with me here and I fully accept that and by no means don't think Konecny doesn't deserve it, but Rubstov for me.

Sounds like he really flew under-the-radar and got the shaft in terms of showing what he can do for reasons that were largely out of his control. Seems as safe a bet to reach his upside as any of our forwards and two-way 60~ P centers are the kind of players you build a forward group around. With Konecny, I easily see him as having the higher ceiling and better prime, but with his stature and the way he plays physically I can't imagine he'll wear those miles well as most guys with his size and style tend to (a la Mike Richards). Especially since he's already had some concussion issues IIRC.

Anyways, Rubstov for feeling like he's a bit underrated and because he's the type of player you build a forward group around and for what I would guess would be a long window of top notch production. I get why Konecny is the easy pick here though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Konecny - The kid is a gamer. He will partake in some very memorable moments over the next decade.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Konecny and not really close. Elite talent level.

#4 is where it gets interesting IMO.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
My next three are Rubstov, Myers, Morin in that order. Will be interesting to see who finishes ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad