Twarynski, Carson
Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Once poll #20 is done it would be nice to have a 'where do the goalies slot it' poll.

Starting with Stolarz (then onto the others) and options for who he should push down... like:

Where does Stolarz fit in the top 20:

#1: Above Provorov
#2: Above Sanheim
#3: Above Konecny
#4: Above Morin
#5: Above Rubtsov
#6: Above Myers
#7: Above Lindblom
#8: Above Laberge

etc... until the last option is

#21: Outside top 20

Which would then cater to both those who don't like including goalies in the list and those who do.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Once poll #20 is done it would be nice to have a 'where do the goalies slot it' poll.

Starting with Stolarz (then onto the others) and options for who he should push down... like:

Where does Stolarz fit in the top 20:

#1: Above Provorov
#2: Above Sanheim
#3: Above Konecny
#4: Above Morin
#5: Above Rubtsov
#6: Above Myers
#7: Above Lindblom
#8: Above Laberge

etc... until the last option is

#21: Outside top 20

Which would then cater to both those who don't like including goalies in the list and those who do.

If we do it for Solie gotta do it for all of them. Hart seems like there's a case to be made to rank him above Stolie (I'm not making that case...but I can see it being made). Same thing with Sandstrom and even one of the Ivy Leaguers depending on your thoughts on how you rank these guys. This is why one list would have been better!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If we do it for Solie gotta do it for all of them. Hart seems like there's a case to be made to rank him above Stolie (I'm not making that case...but I can see it being made). Same thing with Sandstrom and even one of the Ivy Leaguers depending on your thoughts on how you rank these guys. This is why one list would have been better!

I think we should just do it until one does not make the top 20... which will likely be Madsen or Tomek... as Stolarz, Sandstrom, Hart and Lyon all likely make it.

Tbh I actually like that way of doing it in a way... the separation of the rankings and then combination of them afterwards; in my mind, adds slightly more clarity to both lists and the overall list... as people are not thinking as much about the merits of goalies vs skaters in a list of ~25 players to start.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think we should just do it until one does not make the top 20... which will likely be Madsen or Tomek... as Stolarz, Sandstrom, Hart and Lyon all likely make it.

Tbh I actually like that way of doing it in a way... the separation of the rankings and then combination of them afterwards; in my mind, adds slightly more clarity to both lists and the overall list... as people are not thinking as much about the merits of goalies vs skaters in a list of ~25 players to start.

I would probably only rank Stolie, Hart, and Sandstorm in the top 20. Lyon/Madsen would be close. Stolie I'd probably put top ten. Hart/Sandstorm I'm not sure where but they would at least be above the remaining guys out there.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
If No. 17 spot went to a tiebreaker, shouldn't the loser (Kase) just be the No. 18 guy?

Good, albeit possibly moot, point. I've liked the limited views I've had of Kase. He will be at WJC, correct?

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
If No. 17 spot went to a tiebreaker, shouldn't the loser (Kase) just be the No. 18 guy?

Because what if all the people voting Bardreau also think someone else is better than Kase. I personally like Martel better. I think they're similar types of players except that Martel is already progressed well and has played well in his first pro year

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Because what if all the people voting Bardreau also think someone else is better than Kase. I personally like Martel better. I think they're similar types of players except that Martel is already progressed well and has played well in his first pro year

If every single Bardreau voter also preferred Martel over Kase, it would mean, at best, that Kase would be tied with Martel.

that's probably not the Kase though.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Went kase

Sorry i missed a few votes, have been wrapped up in No Man's Sky. That game is mellow,tedious and crazy fun, is tricky to figure out, but when you do, you can kill it. Just nabbed my second planet, the first one Restocfelt, was too toxic, had pretty good resources, and good enough to learn on. My second planet is earth like, lower level of toxicity and rich in floria and valuable resources.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Went with Martel. This is a big year for him (amongst others down in the minors) so we'll find out where he stands sooner than later.

I like Kase as a prospect on the surface but I'm just skeptical of him developing properly so I have a lot others in this range over him personally.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think the thing with this group of players is we are left with very few players who are likely to be NHL players.

I think Fazleev, Leier, Bardreau all have a reasonable shot at being NHL regulars. But after them, I wouldn't bet on any of these guys being more than AHLers.

The guy I think will surprise people and just keep doing good work and getting better is Reece Willcox. But his ceiling is so low it's hard to get excited about him.

If you value impact potential (guys who can be middle-6, second pairing, special teams contributors) then I think the best prospects left are Kase, Hogberg, Martel, roughly in that order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad