Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #16

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Marody is 6'1 is he not? He is light in weight, but has the height to add weight to his frame.

Hockey's elite has him as 6-0, 172. Build? He's shaped more like Wayne Gretkzy than Rod Brind'Amour but maybe.

I was more referring to Kase and Martel, but I feel like the organization definitely put an emphasis on size in this draft and I think it marks a change in philosophy.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I went with Marody too, but not real solid on it.

I'd say if the Flyers get any kind of career out of anywhere left in this pool it'll be great, if they turned out to be a Ryan White or Brandon Manning it'll be a success.

I think guys like Marody, Kase, Martel have the potential to be a bit more, as well as some others. However, it seems the organization is now trending away from smaller players, so when they're competing for bottom 6 jobs with bigger guys like Weise and these 6-1, 6-2, 200-pound guys they just drafted like Allison and Twarynski, they're going to have a tough time.

Like, if they wanted to stock the team up with undersized scorers, DeBrincat was definitely the way to go in this draft, considering how many picks they had.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Ill go with Lyubimov here, given that he's looking poised to earn a bottom 6 role as soon as this season, which is essentially the upside of most the guys left.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hockey's elite has him as 6-0, 172. Build? He's shaped more like Wayne Gretkzy than Rod Brind'Amour but maybe.

I was more referring to Kase and Martel, but I feel like the organization definitely put an emphasis on size in this draft and I think it marks a change in philosophy.

Hockey DB has him at 6'1.

As for frame, I meant that with that height, he still has lots of weight he can still add. He is undersized because of weight, not height.

Weight you can add....height....sort of out of your control.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I don't see it. Bardreau has far more tenacity and grit.

He does skate and shoot the puck well though, like read.

If by tenacity and grit you mean attempting to check players, i guess i can see that. But Read has never been afraid to take a hit or go to dirty areas to make the play, something Bardreau also shares.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wish I voted for Marody instead of Martel (it was 50-50 for me tbh) if I knew it was gonna be this close with Bardreau ;)

I really like Bardreau and think he's a dark horse for the team at some point this year, but his ceiling might be a solid 4th liner. His draft year he had 26 points in 60 games, his freshman year 8 points in 34 games. Heck, his senior year 22 points in 30 games. Marody was drafted off a 58 point in 52 games year (I believe he was 6th among all USHL points leaders in p/pg), and in his freshman year at Michigan he had 24 points in 34 games. Personally, I see them as a tier apart.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Maybe when it's this close, we should have a vote off between just those 2 guys....or 3 if it's a 3 man race.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Maybe when it's this close, we should have a vote off between just those 2 guys....or 3 if it's a 3 man race.

Do a vote off where winner gets the spot and loser gets the next. In this case, 16/17 are decided and move on to 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad