Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #13

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After Leier next for me this is where I feel it gets really tough...

you have a few groups of different kinds of player at different points in development that mean is hard to gauge them against each other:

Lyubimov, Alt, Bardreau, Martel, Straka & Weal: Older prospects who while not blessed with great ceilings are closer to the NHL. Straka is clear last for me in this group... but after that decided hard to say. Lyubimov probably highest of them.

Fazleev, Marody, Kase: All project as pretty similar level players (3rd line) and have all had that extra bit of development where they have had success to a degree. Fazleev is 1st in this group... Marody 2nd... Kase 3rd.

Dove-McFalls: Year ruined by injury... for sure after three guys in group above... but where does he slot amongst say Bunnaman & Salinitri?

Laczynski, Twarynski, Högberg, Bernhardt, Bunnaman, Salinitri: Only just drafted... Laczynski does have the extra USHL year which was very impressive+this NJEC where he has impressed to separate himself a bit... and Salinitri is probably last amongst this group, but others harder to order.

Goulbourne, Willcox: Pretty low ceilings (4W & 6D), but closer to NHL than many of the prospects with say ~3rd line/#5 ceilings.

Drake, Amorosa: Guys with likely AHL ceilings.

Pettersson, Vasiliev: Pretty much non-prospects at this point unless something changes very quickly.

It is pretty easy for me to make orders of guys within those actual groups... but hard to decide where they are when groupings slotted together.

What about Marody? I have him next after Leier.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How do Marody and Laczynski stack up with one another? Strengths/Weaknesses for each? Ceilings?

I'm not sure but I've always been interested in Marody (always meaning, from the time he was drafted) because IIRC someone said he was one of the fastest skaters in last year's draft. He seemed to have put up good numbers on a stacked UM team. I know nothing about Lacyznski other than the banal quotes and stats from the first page of his thread on here.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What about Marody? I have him next after Leier.

It is tough... as I said I have a really hard time deciding the order of guys at different stages/ages in development... but that being said...

For me it is probably:

Leier

then a tough decision between: Lyubimov, Fazleev, Bardreau & Marody probably.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Here's where it begins to get much more difficult and speculative.

I went Vorobyev.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It is tough... as I said I have a really hard time deciding the order of guys at different stages/ages in development... but that being said...

For me it is probably:

Leier
M
then a tough decision between: Lyubimov, Fazleev, Bardreau & Marody probably.

Just saw that you did mention Marody. Missed that the first time I read your post.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How do Marody and Laczynski stack up with one another? Strengths/Weaknesses for each? Ceilings?

Probably similar ceilings at this point, bottom six two-way players who could potentially play center or on the wing. Laczynski's probably more finesse while Marody is more brute. Laczynski was a re-entry into this past draft so him & Marody were first year eligibles in 2015. Lacynski's been more in the spotlight the last two years playing showcase games or tournaments for USA Hockey. While Marody was essentially a nobody entering into the 2015 USHL season. He then went on to Michigan this past year & had a pretty solid freshmen season as their third line center.

So Marody's already got year of college hockey under his belt over Laczynski & maybe has more of a wildcard feel to him given his path so far. Maybe he's a late bloomer?

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
I was torn between Leier and Bardreau, and went with the latter. I really don't know much about Vorobyov, but it is pretty clear he is a better prospect based on the rankings here from those who have seen him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad