Straka, Petr
Twarynski, Carson
Vorobyov, Mikhail
Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Should be a close one between Hagg and Friedman.

Hopefully they will be playing together in April for the Phantoms once Friedman's third NCCA season is over.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Voted Friedman. Since it will probably be Hagg vs Friedman, I see it as some size, strength, and draft position vs literally everything else.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Voted Leier. I think he's underrated. Was very good for the Phantoms this past year.

Friedman and Vorobyov are next for me.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Friedman for the third consecutive poll, but looks like it's going to take one more round.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I got to go with Friedman over Hagg, Hagg hasn't answered the questions about focus and consistency, while he's physical more talented than Friedman, Friedman is progressing much faster.

While I like Leier, he's sort of a tweener, a bit small for the 4th line and does he have the offensive skills for the 3rd line?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hagg. Haven't seen enough of Friedman yet. Saw Hagg play live and a few times on TV. If he finds consistency and an edge, he could be a solid #4 one day somewhere.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Went with Hagg. He just has so much God given talent that I have to pull for him.

I actually think Friedman has as much natural ability as Hagg -- and I think Hagg has a lot of natural talent.

Hagg has the added gift of good size and strength, but Friedman compensates by being much more tenacious.

Do not sleep on Friedman. This kid is much better than I think a lot of people realize.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I went with Vorobyov. At this point, it feels tough to vote against someone who is the apparent odds on favorite to be 1st line center for the Russian WJC team.

Friedman also is an excellent candidate. RHD with skill will always be at a premium.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hagg here. Only 21 with 2 yrs in AHL. Also was hurt but when healthy turned it up.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
We are now entering an area where a realistic career outlook is leaning towards bottom-pairing D or bottom-6 forward.

Hägg, Friedmann, Fazleev/Leier the next 3 for me. If just one of the aforementioned becomes a regular in the Flyers' lineup, I'd call it a success.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I went with Friedman. I got Vorobyov next & then it drops off into another tier for me with Leier, Bardreau, & Hagg rounding out the next tier in that order.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Voted Vorobyov.

Honestly, Hagg probably wouldn't even make my top 20. Mostly because I don't really have faith in him reaching his NHL potential.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I actually think Friedman has as much natural ability as Hagg -- and I think Hagg has a lot of natural talent.

Hagg has the added gift of good size and strength, but Friedman compensates by being much more tenacious.

Do notsleep on Friedman . This kid is much better than I think a lot of people realize.

I am not. At this point who can be wrong? It is all good.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Was actually debating Fazleev, who I think could be a long tenure player here. Never great, but good enough to play up and down the lineup, chip in goals when given the opportunity. Kinda Trent Klatt-ish.

But in the end, Hagg. THen I'll have the same debate between RF & Freidman. :)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Friedman was named to the All Rookie Team in 2015, then named to the WCHA season ending All Star Team this year. That's pretty good progress since being drafted.

That's why I picked him over Hagg who has not had a good season since being drafted. He has had ok ones, but not one where you would say he was good.

Hagg needs to have a good season at some point to overtake Friedman IMO....which he can do. I do hope that Friedman joins LV this Spring so there is no thoughts of him staying in college another year then leaving as a UFA. But ultimately, Friedman's NHL future could be with another team anyways.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I do expect Friedman to join the Phantoms in late March/April. By then I think Morin will be on the Flyers, with Schultz and/or Streit shipped out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad