Prospect Info: 2016 148th Overall Pick | C Christopher Paquette

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Thought I'd give you guys some info about him.

Had him ranked outside my top 50 for OHL players.
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2016/05/my-final-top-50-ohl-players-for-2016_17.html

Essentially, I had very high expectations of him coming into the season. Had him 24th in August.
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2015/08/preseason-top-30-for-2016-nhl-draft.html

But he really struggled this year and seems to be a guy without a role right now. I think he's more naturally fit to be an offensive centerman, but he was asked to play more of a defensive checking line role this year. And looked a bit lost. Worth a gamble though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So instead of getting rid of the one we already have... we doubled down.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Thanks for the info Brock, that at least makes the pick a tad more understandable, maybe he finds his groove again. If so this could be viewed as a good one soon.

What happens if both Paquettes play at the same time for Tampa? Both would have C. Paquette on their back, so the sedin way wouldn't work I guess :help:

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Thanks for the info Brock, that at least makes the pick a tad more understandable, maybe he finds his groove again. If so this could be viewed as a good one soon.

What happens if both Paquettes play at the same time for Tampa? Both would have C. Paquette on their back, so the sedin way would work I guess :help:

We'll know Cedric because he's the one the other team's always trying to punch in the face.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary

What happens if both Paquettes play at the same time for Tampa? Both would have C. Paquette on their back, so the sedin way wouldn't work I guess :help:

Ce. Paquette

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Never receieved ELC.

He was a point-per-game player for RMC in his first season of Canadian college hockey. Anything noteworthy?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Never receieved ELC.

He was a point-per-game player for RMC in his first season of Canadian college hockey. Anything noteworthy?
He's out of the system and at the Royal Military College, probably pursuing that career.

RMC stats are sort of unusual because of whom they recruit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad